Monday, September 3, 2012

The last few weeks


-August 14th I finally got around to getting the hand and foot prints of Sydney at "1" years old. I had some from newborn and 6 months and so I wanted something to compare them to. They turned out really good, but this was the adventure. (please excuse the nudity).







-August 24th was Harvey family picture day. We drove up on Friday and stayed the night at my parents house. The next day, we got ready and headed down to Murray City park for pictures at 5 PM. We got some cute pictures, but we'll have to wait til editing is completed to print out any.




-August 27th Rhian and Nicole came down to help Jake fix our fuel pump on the jeep. Nicole and I ran errands while the boys did the hard work. The got everything fixed up right as the sun was going down. The jeep so far works just like normal.

-Saturday (9-1) Sydney and I participated in the Hurricane, UT Peach Days parade.  I got up at 6:30 AM to get ready, shower, and have a diaper bag packed for a full day of fun and we left at 7:40 AM. I was supposed to leave earlier since I had my mother in laws blazer, (which was the vehicle that was going to be pulling the float), which she lent us while we got our car fixed. Got to the Desert Vet (which is the place my mother in law works at and who we were representing in the parade) and immediately got into gear. I changed my clothes (good thing by 8 AM it was getting comfortable outside). And everyone hopped into their perspective cars to head to the spot where our float was supposed to start from. We didn't know the spot or our number because you had to pick up your registration the day of the parade, so I ran ahead to the registration booth and picked up the paperwork. We got in our spot and finished putting the finishing touches on all the little kids. Sydney had makeup put on her face, and I am proud to say she didn't smudge it up at all. By 9:30 AM we started on to the street and started throwing candy. Well we soon learned there was more kids then candy and so the adults started hoarding candy from the kids (on our float) so that it would last the whole parade-which it still didn't. I pulled Sydney in a red wagon, and she did well. She didn't make one noise during the entire parade. We finished by 10:30 AM and headed back to Lydia's house, where we fed Sydney and let her play for another 2 hours before she went down for a nap at 12:30PM.  Sydney woke up at 3 PM, I called Jake then-who was at home sleeping because he got off a grave shift that morning. Jake headed down and got there around 4:30 PM . We then headed over to Peach Days and wondered around all the vendors. My sweet mother in law bought us a Navajo taco which was delicious. We then watched Josh ride a few carnival rides before heading back to the house and packing up to head home. It was a really fun day, but when we got home I got really tired and fell asleep by 9:30 PM.











-Sunday (9-2) We took a family walk to smiths to get some pizza for dinner. It was really nice. I love family walks.


-Today (9-3) I went grocery shopping. I originally had a bunch of errands to run, but I forgot it was Labor day so no one but the grocery store was open so we headed to Walmart. Sydney didn't want to be in the grocery cart, so I got her down and held her hand while she "walked", but she didn't want to walk she wanted to play in the food.  So instead she threw a package of hotdogs on the ground. Whoops. 10 second rule right :)

-Today (9-3) Sydney also fell and cut her gum open. She was toddling around and when is tired she trips really easily. Well she tripped and hit her face on a bookshelf. At first I thought it was her forehead, so I'm playing lovey dovey telling her I'll kiss it better, when all of the sudden she opens her mouth to cry and i see blood. So I start walking to my bedroom where Jake was asleep, I  grab a towel and start wiping blood off her face. We held her and let her cry for a few minutes til I took her to the rocking chair and rocked her to sleep. So far she didn't lose any teeth, but she wouldn't let us check so we won't know if anything is actually wrong til after she wakes up from her nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment