Sunday, October 7, 2012

September and October

I don't know if I'm ready for another winter yet-but I'd guess i had better start to get there.

here is what we have done over the last couple of weeks.

Jake and I finally got the game we have been waiting a year for....Borderlands 2.
We were so excited that on Sept 22, Jakes next day off work, we planed on playing all day and same for the next 3 days....Sydney of course would make it impossible to do 3 complete days, but we still managed about 13 hours of the game during 4 days-not bad.
To give Sydney something to do we specifically got her a new toy-saved for that weekend.
Infantino Jumbo Shape Sorter Baby Toy. She loved it.


Then on Sept 26th (Wednesday) Lydia came up and we went to Park Discovery...Sydney loved the swing...





This was after 5 minutes of being home.

Then on Saturday, Sept 29th, SUU had their homecoming parade and Sydney and I went and watched it.
Sydney got so much candy-it was like an early Halloween.


She was so hungry and we had tons of candy, so I gave in and let her the Twizzlers





Before the parade even started she crawled up to this girl and gave her a big hug, and then a few times during the parade she crawled up to her and watched with her. Especially when the girl was eating suckers.





 

Sydney got so scared when the fire trucks stopped right in front of us and tooted their horn she practically jumped in my lap. She did the same thing when the 2 high school drum lines walked by. I think Jake needs to get his drums out of storage :)


Then starting October 1st Sydney and I worked at a Pine Nut stand just off the sidewalk on main st....selling ...you guessed... Pine-nuts. It was okay the first two days, but by wednesday Sydney didn't want to be cooped up outside anymore. I couldn't let her just sit on the ground and play because there were to many rocks and it was too close to main st. So my lap or her play pen was the best she got...of course we practiced walking up and down the sidewalk too. Friday was the last day I told the lady I would do it because it was too hard, trying to make sure I had enough food for my little one to pick through and find something she liked and getting her to take a nap was exhausting for both of us.





trying to keep her in the shade so she didn't get sunburned...worked better some days then others. There is normally an umbrella up to help with that, but this day it was so windy it almost tipped the table so I took it down...next best thing was using the car for shade.

one day she was so tired i put her in her car-seat and she started trying to buckle the seat, so for about 20 minutes I let her try and buckle her car-seat. Man is she close-if she angled the pieces differently she could do it all by herself.





Friday, Oct 5th, Lydia came and picked Sydney up from the pine nut stand at about 1 PM. She was going to stay with Lydia til Saturday evening, but I suggested we go to the corn maze in St. George, something I have wanted to do for years.

We got to the Staheli farm at about 5 pm and spent and hour doing all the little kid things. We did the petting zoo, a swing, and a slide before heading over to the corn maze-which you had to be taken to by tractor since it was across the road. We got the corn maze, and only a picture for a map and got lost for ten minutes before remembering, my poor husband had allergies and his face was puffed up and was blowing his nose every 5 seconds. So ten minutes into the maze, we turned around and found our way out (well cut through the corn to get the entrance (hey, it was only 3 rows of  corn away and we were lost :) ). We then headed back to the farm, let Josh and Sydney ride the cow train before heading home.

She was terrified. I used her hand to pet a sheep and she freaked. So we though having Josh and I pet the pig would help her to see it was ok. It didn't.


We were so proud, so she smiled. Jake was trying to get her to hold onto the corn stalk and she wouldn't. Jake moved his hand away so she couldn't walk away. The corn on the ground made is so she was afraid to crawl away. So after a 30 second debate she decided if she was going to remain upright that she had better grab the stalk. And when she did we were cheering majorly for her.

Josh on the "swing"

The corn slide


the face full of fear-almost crying

the bumpiest ride ever-crossing from the corn maze back to the farm


in the maze


almost crying because she had no choice but to grab the stalk (as i said in the above photo) but then realized it wasn't so bad :)

loves her daddy



being thrown from the wagon

the cow train ride



As for my really blury photos...Well my poor camera broke and I sent it in for repair, but it won't get to New York until the middle of this week and so I thought I could go get a cheap camera and that it would be better than my cell phone pictures...Well I was wrong and Jake was right-that technical husband of mine. Well this 30 dollar camera will be returned to Walmart saying it took the crappiest pictures ever!
This pretty little thing is going to be returned....the video camera was just as bad-great speakers but even the videos are fuzzy.

return to me quickly my darling!


And last but not least General Conference weekend.
I only got to watch the morning sessions from both Saturday and Today (sunday).
My  favorite quotes were :
"The Glory of God is indeed intelligence" -Russell M Nelson
"Spend meaningful time with those we love so we don't regret it later in life" -Dieter F Uchtdorf
"Doing is better" -Dieter F Uchtdorf
"It's not a race, it's a journey, enjoy the moment" -Dieter F Uchtdorf


Today (sunday) was a stressful one because I thought I could do laundry in between sessions...Well it turns out I couldn't.
I brought enough laundry for six loads. Well it turned into 11 loads, because 4 washing machines quit on me and I had to move the sopping wet laundry from those machines to different ones...and the coin machine ate my 5 dollar bill. So tomorrow I'm going in to request a refund.

As you can see, the power actually turned off at the very beginning of the cycle...and the machine was full of water. Not to say the least, I came home to wake Jake up...I was upset and just wanted to be finished. It took me 3 1/2 hours to do what normally took me 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment