June 6, 2013-I got hired at The Home Depot. I really enjoy my job. It gives me a little bit of a social life that I didn't really have for the last couple of years. But now 2 months in, I think I have my fill and it is so hard not to be home with Sydney every day. Especially on days, when she isn't feeling well or there are activities that we can do, or she cry's when I drop her off at daycare. This past Thursday I dropped her off at daycare while I went in for 4 hours and she didn't even cry-I guess she is getting used to this.
June 15, 2013 We tagged along to the lake with Lydia and Scott. Sydney loved the water. Although it was way to windy. Jake even took her for a ride on the sea doo which she enjoyed til they turned to come back and were riding into the wind and water.
We got a new dog and gave an old one back. I know that sounds bad. But we adopted him from a rescue home and so we gave Chewy back to the home on Thursday, July 11, 2013. We adopted Amber from the Cedar City Shelter on Saturday, July 6, 2013. Now you may be asking why. Well the beginning of July I found 3 dogs wandering around my neighborhood. There was a mama and 2 puppies. So being the animal lover I like to say I am, I brought them to my house. Sydney really liked them, and Jake fell in love with the one we would later get and call Amber. The next day I had to take them to the shelter for the policy that they have and that allows the previous owner to come find them for 3 days. After that they are up for adoption. So the day they went up for adoption we got Amber. I checked with the Shelter later and found out the mama and her puppy and been adopted by separate people.
| Goodbye Chewy |
| Goodbye Chewy |
| the mama and her puppy |
| This is Amber |
Sydney's 2nd Birthday:
We drove up north to my parents house in Heber late Thursday (July 11th). We got there at about 2 AM. So we got set up and then the next morning (Friday, July 12th) we were going to go to the lake but it was supposed to rain, so instead my parents took Sydney birthday shopping at Kings. Kings is a toy store in Heber City. It also has clothes and craft materials and lots of other things. It was my siblings and mine favorite place to shop. Well they had a lot of toys there. I wish we had half that selection in Cedar City. After wandering around for a while and showing Sydney different things, she picked a stroller (which she pulled around the store) and a baby doll.
Saturday July 13th, (which also happened to be my dad's birthday) was the day we were going to the zoo.
Today we would celebrate Sydney turning 2 (even though her birthday wasn't for another day).
We got to the zoo at about 10:00 AM. It was a chaotic start to the day trying to get both my family and Jake's together in one stop and get a rhythm of what to do down. Well my dad ended up leaving to go get Spencer (who had moved to Salt Lake a couple days earlier) and bring him to the zoo. Well we got started with the monkeys, which we got to see being feed.
We then saw the gorillas.
Then while waiting for everyone to catch up to us we put Sydney and Josh on the Carousel. That also happened to be the perfect time for a potty break.
We then went to the Tortoises, Crocodiles, and small animal building (where they house the snakes, and little birds, and other little animals.
We then traveled up through the new exhibit called Asian Highlands-which was a very well done exhibit.
We then went up and around and saw the big horned sheep and lamas. And at that point we realized we had gone way up through the back corner and so we walked down past the administration buildings, back down past the carousel and went to the Giraffes.
After that we headed down towards the new Rocky Shores exhibit, which houses the seals, sea lions, polar bears, brown bears, and penguins. (which we didn't see any penguins, so they may not have any or that specific exhibit is still under construction). The polar bear had to be Sydneys favorite because it was swimming around and was pretty fun to watch.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151807735388064
| Lego polar bear |
We then traveled up to the Elephant Encounter, passing the Rhinoceroses on the way.
And we did all that in 3 hours. We left the zoo at 1:30.
Before we left Lydia gave Sydney her birthday presents from herself and Lyndsey. She got a princess tent and a talking and moving dog-which she loves to carry around.
We then headed back to my parents house for the Luncheon and Birthday party. Sydney barely made it through the elephants and fell asleep in the car, and stayed asleep at my parents house for an hour. I had to actually wake her up when our guests started to arrive.
We had lunch, let the kids play with the party favors I brought, and then we beat open a monkey pinata, had a water balloon fight, and then opened birthday presents and had cake and ice cream. We then at that point had to leave because I had to work sunday morning. We got home at about 10:00 PM. We spent an hour unloading and letting Sydney play with her toys before we headed to bed.
That was that weekend summed up. It was fun, but very crazy.
Thank you everyone who came and supported Sydney and us on this occasion. Thank you for all the gifts, you are all so generous.
| From Lyndsey |
| From Lydia and Scott |
| filling the water balloons |
| Sydney's first pinata |
| The Monkey |
| blowing out the candle |
| from Jake and I |
| from Jake and I |
| From my parents (the Arnold's) |
| From Lexi (headbands and bows) |
| from Michelle and Ethan (our friends-it was bath bubbles and a microphone) |
| From Gr and Gr Harvey, Tami and Jason, and Crista and Blair-it's a purse set, that comes with keys, phone, and a purse |
| From my parents |
| This is also from my parents, it's a cd: Watch Me Sing by Brite |
| from Jake and I: a folding chair |
| from Jake and I |
| from Jake and I: its a Seaseme Street birthday sounds book |
| from Jake and I: animal puzzle |
| from Jake and I: the incredibles movie...just as a side note, the skirt she is wearing is also a bday present from my mom's friend Joyce Olsen |
| from Jake and I: a pack of 4 cars |
| from Jake and I: a hungry hippo portable game |
| from Doug and Audrey |
| From Doug and Audrey |
| My dad's bday present from my mother (her and jake were trying to hide it from him during our earlier excursion to walmart) |
| the folding chair which she loves |
| lydias princess tent |
| the tent all set up, she hasn't gone inside it yet, but the dogs like it |
| she loves to carry this dog around. it's a mechanical moving dog that moves its ears and hands when you press a button on its feet, and she is always trying to move its hands for it |
| the purse |
Also, Happy birthday daddy. Your the best, thanks for all you do and what you have taught me.
Sydney's 2 year check up: 8/2/13
Weight: 26 Lbs. 39 %
Height: 35 1/4 in. 82 %
Head Circumference: 18 in. 10 %
She got her last shot today for the next 2 years, and the nurse stuck the needle in her left leg and immediately Sydney pulled it out. Both the nurse and I were astonished, so we tried again on the right leg with me holding her down and got it done that time. But we got home and she took a 4 hour nap.
Words she can say:
-Car
-No
-Yes (which when you ask a question she usually answers yes to it)
-Nose
-Arm (she can point to all her body parts, but she still can't say them all)
-Mom (she has started saying this repeatedly in a row to get my attention)
-Daddy
-Bye
-Hair
-Potty (every time you say pee, or poop, even if its for a human or dog she starts in on the potty)
-Pee
-Poop
-Puppy
-Milk
-Cheese
-Shoes
-Socks
-Papa (grandpa)
-Talk
-Walk
-Water
-Two
-Three
-Four
-Five
and I'm sure there are more I just can't think of them.
She can show you where her tummy, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, head, hair, arms, elbows, legs, knee, feet, toes, hands, and fingers are.





















































No comments:
Post a Comment