Sunday, August 12, 2018

Current Creek 2018

Monday, August 6th-Friday, August 10th.


Monday:
I was supposed to meet my dad at his house between 11 and Noon. It didn't happen. William was up in the middle of the night. So I slept in. I didn't have any of the clothes pulled out of the big pile and packed. So I told me dad to just head up at 1 PM because I still hadn't left. I finally got everything packed in the car. And headed to Target to find this toy I was looking for. I didn't find it, but I got some of the groceries I needed. So we headed to Walmart. Got the rest of the Groceries and the girls got a toy too (William got his at Target), and we headed to the Library. Where I had to return the books and I picked up some new ones. Got food and headed out of town. By that time is was 3 PM. So we didn't even get to camp til close to 5:30 PM. Dad had only been there for like 45 min, so he stopped setting up and and helped me get my new tent up that Jake had bought me. It turned out to be a dud (which we realized what we did wrong the next day in setting it up, so we fixed it and it looked much better) so we set up my dads tent for me and the kids to stay in. It fit both the queen size blow up mattresses I brought and both the suitcases. I kept the crafts and toys in the car so the tent didn't overflow and I could keep track of all the little stuff. Since it took dad and I like two hours to set up the kids were so hungry. So we cooked hotdogs over the stove top instead of making a fire. Sydney and Lizzy shared a mattress, but each had their own sleeping bag, that Jake just bought for them for this trip. William and I shared a mattress and a sleeping bag (actually it was two that were zipped together.)
























Tuesday:
William woke up last night and so I gave him a tablet to keep him occupied so he wouldn’t disturb
the girls. I slept on and off since he and I were sharing a sleeping bag. But we had to move the
mattresses around because I kept falling off during the night. I also figured out that if I put the 
blankets inside the sleeping bag instead of on top that It kept us warmer and we slept better. 
Once everyone woke up I had them immediately change out of their jammies that way they could 
wear them again. We had breakfast. And it was really weird to be the one getting everything set up 
and done for the kids and my dad cause my wasn’t there. In the early afternoon dad and I took the 
kids out on the boat to go fishing. They all loved it. Each kid had their own fishing pole. 
Jake bought Sydney and William new fishing poles for the trip. Sydney’s was a real fishing pole, 
while Lizzy and William had fishing poles that had pretend fish on the end. But they put their poles 
in the water same as Sydney and my dad. Both Sydney and my dad caught fish. 
Sydney was so excited and even though it was small we kept it. She had been talking 
about eating fish for weeks before this trip, so we kept it. Dad put his back in the water. 
But once the fish was on the chain the kids couldn’t stop messing with it. It was so fascinating for them.
William loved putting his pole in the water. Lizzy loved watching her pretend fish glide across the top
 of the lake. And Sydney was super proud of her catch. Once we got back the kids played for awhile. 
Kaylee helped them shoot Lexi and Aaron’s bb guns they brought.  They thought that was pretty cool. 
Then they got bored. So I pulled out one of the crafts that I brought. The 3 girls: Taya, Sydney, and 
Lizzy all painted picture frames. William and Beckham painted on paper. And Kylie painted a 
clipboard. They all did a really good job. Then Jeannette wanted to go to the bank and fish, 
so I sent Sydney with dad. While they were gone fishing it was mine and Lexi’s job to cook the 
tinfoil dinners. It has been my first time ever that cooking the dinners has been my responsibility. 
Normally my mom is there to do it all and I just observe. So for my first time I did a pretty good job. 
No problems. And even taught Lexi what to do. And while the dinners were cooking I was trying to
put together this bean bag toss game that I brought. But the instructions were crappy and I ended up 
putting some pieces on backwards. So I couldn’t finish building it. I just ended up leaning it against 
the tree and having the kids throw the bean bags in that way. Then we had smores. Lizzy didn’t end 
up eating anything that night. She refused to even try the tinfoil dinners. So she went to bed hungry. 
Lizzy and William went to sleep before Syd and I. And since we were sleeping in a tent close to the 
main area I was able to stay out and still hear the kids. So Sydney and I and Dad started a game of 
triple Yahtzee. Sydney loves to play games.

















































































































Wednesday:
Everyone slept really well. Having the blankets inside the sleeping bag was super helpful. 
Dad wanted to go out and fly fish that morning before mom got there. So while he was gone 
I took the kids out and called mom with a grocery list and called Jake to update him and let him 
know how everything was going. To even get service we had to drive a good ways from camp. 
I brought the kids tablets so they would have something to do while I was on the phone. 
Good thing I did cause I talked for an hour between mom and Jake. On our way back we spotted 
some cows. So we did a little observing/sightseeing. The kids love cows. Especially William; he was 
so excited to see them. We just sat and watched the cows for like 20 minutes. By the time we got 
back to camp it was time for lunch.

While dad was still out fishing, Jeannette needed to go buy ice. She brought this huge truck that 
required climbing a step stool for her to get into. Well the truck was too close to my dads suburban. 
So she had Kaylee back out the truck. Apparently there was some miscommunication because 
Jeannette thought Kaylee was only going to back out a few inches, and Kaylee thought she was 
backing out all the way. Anyway, so Kaylee was in the drivers seat and Jeannette had the drivers door 
open and was talking to her. Kaylee ended up backing out to far and it pushed the open door into the 
tire well on the suburban. I was watching the whole thing. They were so upset. Kaylee cried. 
Went to her tent and didn’t come out for like 30 minutes. Jeannette kept telling me that my dad was 
going to be so upset with her, despite my attempts to tell her that he would be fine. And she told me 
that my dad got upset with her every year at camp for one thing or another. Both Lexi and I didn’t 
think it would be that big of a deal. So I saw dad heading up the hill from the lake and ran to meet 
him and gave him a brief description of what happened with a request that he give Jeannette a hug 
because she felt so bad and was so upset. So only about two minutes passed after I told him before 
he looked at it. And he was not angry at all. No yelling. See I told everyone and no one believed me. 
Jeannette thought the only reason that happened was because I was the one who told him, but I don’t 
think so.  

Anyway, after that happened something weird happened. No one wanted to talk to me. 
Jeannette and Lexi and Kaylee all moved their chairs up by Jeannette's tent at the upper campsite. 
And they basically ignored me. So I asked Lexi if we could take her razor 
(4 wheeler/off roading type thing). So dad and me and the kids went for a ride. 
It felt nice to get out of camp for awhile. We drove around for a long while. At least an hour 
and a half. It was so beautiful up the mountain. We eventually hit a herd of sheep and had to 
turn around. We went over some huge/giant rocks/boulders. Shortly after we got back Sarah pulled 
in and with her was mom, Shay, and Grandma. It felt nice not to be ignored. Although Oaklee didn’t 
really like me. Mom said that is because she never sees us and has been living with her other 
grandparents.

That evening everyone wanted to go to the bank and fish, so I said ok. The kids had a blast 
throwing rocks in the lake. The kids ate snacks across at least a hundred feet of the bank. 
The kids just ran from one end to the other and had a lot of fun. Sydney setup her fishing pole 
and then ran off and played with Taya. Shayla’s line got all messed up so she wasn't able to use 
her pole near the end of the evening. So I said she could use Syd’s since she wasn’t paying attention 
to it, only to find out there was a fish on the end of it. Everyone was so surprised. Sarah wanted to 
throw it back but Syd wanted to keep it. It died before we could release it back though, so we kept it. 
While cleaning it out Sarah found a stomach full of flies; and because of that we were surprised that 
it even went after anything else-it had to have been soo full.  So Sydney got a fish. Dad had gone fly 
fishing again in his float tube, and showed us he got one fish too. We got back ate, and sat around the 
fire for a little bit.

Me and the kids and mom and Shay went out with Gary and Taya to look for firewood. 
We drove around in the back of the truck for awhile. We finally found some and filled the back of the 
truck (not totally full, but enough to last a few nights). Sydney, Dad, and I started up triple yahtzee 
with Mom, Sarah, and Shay. It was slow going. So we didn’t play for long, and even if we did, 
we each only got a few turns.


































































































































































































































Thursday:
Was a pretty relaxing day. We went for a walk with the kids to the dock. Shay and I took Oaklee 
with us because Sarah was napping. Shay taught Sydney and William how to skip a rock on the 
water. And by William I mean throw rocks into the lake and watch them splash. Shay brought silly 
glasses so the kids played with those for awhile. I actually hung out in dad’s hammock for a little
 while with lizzy and William. But I couldn’t get myself out. It had stretched so close to the ground. 
And Shay had to help me pull myself to the edge of the hammock so I could fall out. It was the only
way I could get on my feet. My mom brought beads for necklaces, and so did I, so we pulled out 
some of the jewelry making stuff I brought and used moms beads and we (Shay, Me, Syd, and Lizzy)
made necklaces. Mom ended up taking William away on a walk because he kept stealing the beads 
saying “mine”. Oh, Also happy anniversary to my parents on this day. Games of darts were played a 
lot. And then Shay, Sarah & Oaklee, and Mom and Dad went for a drive in the razor. Mom and I 
got into a fight before they left, because she stated that Grandma was embarrassed for the way the 
campground looked and that It was my kids fault so we needed to clean it up before Grandma got 
back from fishing. And I was pissed. Ya of course my kids made messes (mostly because the kids 
had dumped a container of sticker letters out earlier that day). But Lexi had young kids too; who had 
participated in all the messes my kids were getting blamed for. So I angrly had the girls clean the
campground with me.  And after that I really wanted to go home that evening, but I didn’t.
My family was gone for a couple hours so it was me and the kids and the awkward silence. 
That was until Tori showed up and started talking with Lexi and Aaron at the main campground. 
So they talked about their Hawaii trip, and mexico trips. And it was interesting. I am glad I didn’t have
 to sit by myself for hours. That night we had dutch oven chicken. And once again Lizzy didn’t eat it. 
And she went to be hungry. Tonight after Lizzy and William went to bed, we played phase ten. 
Dad, Gary, Mom, Sarah, Me, Shay, Tori, and Syd. It was fun. And at one point hilarious (my mother 
and games=super funny). We of course didn’t finish the game because it got to late.


































































































































































































































































Friday:
William woke up at 7 AM. This was the second time. So we got dressed. Made breakfast. Got some wood and made a fire. Got some water heated for oatmeal and hot chocolate. We took a little walk, because William was loud, it was echoing and I was trying to keep him from waking everyone up.
Everyone else woke up between 8:30-9AM. Once all my kids were up and had the big breakfast I started packing.
I had packed some of the stuff into the car the day before, So after packing up the tent, I took everything out of the car and organized and fit everything in the car but my tent (dad was gonna bring that home for me). After breakfast I loaded the kids into the car, said my goodbyes and left there at about 11AM. I got home shortly after 1 PM. I was so tired. Driving really wears me out. And that last half hour of the drive I was sooo tired. But we made it home. And we had a good time.
The kids love camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment