Thursday, March 30, 2023

Eric and Jenny Whitesides Wedding

Saturday, March 25th, 2023

They got married in the Draper temple. So it wasn't too bad of a drive. But we ended up getting there only like 5 minutes before the ceremony actually started.  But man was it cold. We stayed in the van, watched Brayla's son Lucas, and I ran back and forth between our van and Jason and Tami's car to check on their 4 kiddos.

Then when our family started coming out of the temple, and Mckay came to get Lucas, we got our kids out and dressed for the cold and went to line up to congratulate the newlywed couple. Then we took some group pictures with them.

Jake and I stayed to help Crista get the boutonniere on the guys, and found out she was hoping I would take pictures at the reception tonight. Initially I wasn't planning to really take any, because I just wanted to relax with Jake and the kids and enjoy the reception, that way I wasn't "working" a  wedding I wasn't getting paid to photograph.  I have done that at all of my extended family weddings so far and wanted to just participate this time.

So after learning this, Jake and I headed home to get my lights and extension cords so that we could light up the church gym. They were only going to have a string of lights going on the inside walls of the gym, so it was going to be very dark. And I was going to have to use my flash so my ISO stayed low.

After we picked up my camera gear, we headed to the church they were having the luncheon and reception at.

Before the reception, but after the meal my parents took our kiddos to the dollar store to get some toys to keep them entertained throughout the night.

So I did photograph the reception with a couple of other people from Jenny's side. And It wasn't too bad. I still played and took some photographs. I feel bad, because Jake once again was left to chase the kids while I did something I love to do. He didn't have a great evening, and that made me really sad, because I really did want to just hang out with him.

We stayed to the very end, leaving around 9 pm. My dear aunt let me take some extra cookies, that I gave to the teachers at Jim Bridger from the PTA.















No comments:

Post a Comment