This pregnancy has been different than I remember Sydney's.
This time my breasts have been tender from the get go. We found out right at 4 weeks. And this time we were trying to get pregnant, so no it wasn't a surprise. I still get tired, but with Sydney and working at the Home Depot getting a nap is a rare thing-still i take what i can get on lucky days.
This pregnancy I am hoping to be better with my eating habits and exercise habits-so guess we'll see.
According to the doctor (who i had to go get a letter from him stating I was pregnant so i could get on medicaid) states that we are due Nov 9th, 2014. So the kids will be a little over 3 years apart, which was more than we wanted, but life is unpredictable so we'll take it.
May 19th:
We waited until May 3rd to tell people. The first ones we told were my parents. I put the ultrasound pictures in an envelope inside a piece of paper with the due date on it and gave it to my mother. She started dancing and screaming "dan dan dan guess what". It was so funny I wish I had video recorded it.
Had my second doctors appointment on May 15th. I had only gained two pounds, but since I am still much bigger than I want to be I really need to kick my butt into gear. We were 14 weeks and 4 days then. So at this point I am definitely feeling pregnant and I feel like I look way pregnant, but Jake still assures me I could pass for "fat" not "pregnant fat" still. I'm not sure how he wants me to take that.
Only a couple of my co-workers know, and since I can hide it behind my apron still I am in no hurry to tell them.
I still haven't been sick at all. I am crashing into bed by 10:30 every night so thats kind of nice. My breasts are not nearly as tender. But i am now peeing like every two hours on the dot. I am still in my size 8-10 pants, as long as they are stretchy. No maternity clothes yet. We set an appointment for June 10th to find out the gender so we're getting close. I looked up the "size" of the baby today and thebump.com says were between an orange and a avocado (a little over 4 inches long and 3 oz big).
Also, I'm pretty sure I have felt the baby move. A little thing here and there, but I think its the baby.
May 22:
So I fit into my size 8 jeans (for the last couple weeks my stretchy ones) clear up until 16 weeks and 4 days. But i think i might have to get my size ten jeans and maternity pants out...maybe if i exercise i can fit in my size ten jeans for the next month or so.
June 6th: we did the Ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. We are having another GIRL. To say Jake was again disappointed is an understatement because he really wants a boy. I on the other-hand was okay with either. So now I won't have to do hardly any shopping-It's all covered.
June 10th: was our next doctors appointment and I had only gained two pounds since the last time so that has been really nice. I feel really small, and can still fit into my size 10 pants (especially if they are stretchy) but the maternity ones are more comfortable. Doctor says everything looks good with the ultrasound pictures and that the baby is growing perfectly and that the due date is still set for early november.
June 27th: was moving day and so i tried to be really helpful. But after 5 hours of moving I was so tired, I just sat down on the front porch for twenty minutes and did nothing. It felt wonderful. The next day wasn't any better because we drove up to Sandy and started moving all our stuff (in the middle of the day with 4 adults) into a 3rd story apartment. The one concern I had was when my mom pointed out that while i was 20 weeks (5 months) pregnant, my tummy hadn't firmed up yet-to where you could feel the hard uterus, it is still flimsy and when i sit it makes me look like I've got a giant fat roll because my belly squishes. So now when I go in for my first appointment with my new OBGYN this is something I am going to bring up.
![]() |
| 20 Weeks (June 27th) |

No comments:
Post a Comment