I'm sorry that I am a few months late in writing this letter. But times have been busy. We have been going places doing things. And I just let to much time pass.
You my dearest have grown a lot. During your 3rd year of life, we discovered how much you love to be outside. I think if we had our own backyard you would spend most of your time out there. We have discovered how much you love being around kids of all ages, and how you call them all "your friends." You have such a sweet spirit. And I am so proud of you and all you are learning.
This summer we once again picked up bike riding, and Daddy and I can say (when you are having good days) that as of the end of September you can ride a bike all by yourself. You are still unsure of what to do when going down hill (which has led to some almost accidents) but we are confident by next spring you will be riding all by yourself with no need for us to be right next to you.
We went camping at the beginning of August, to Current Creek. We spent Monday and Tuesday with
Grandpa, and then Grandma came up Wednesday evening. And we headed home Saturday morning.
Daycen and Asher were there and Taya came up later in the week. And you loved being able to step out the trailer door and immediately be outside with friends to play with. When we came back home, you were so bored and moody.
Then at the end of August you started Preschool from Noon-2:30 PM. And Miss Terri (your teacher) would say about once a week that you were not sitting still, or you were getting into the kids personal space. So on Monday 9/28, I went to school with you. Your teacher has a structured system, but it's also laid back and allows for wiggle room. The hardest thing for you was the writing portion of school. Where you had to trace the letter for the week, and writing your name was almost impossible for me to get you to do. In face Miss Terri had to come over and help you because you wanted her over me. Then it was reading time, and I read a story aloud to you, so a bunch of the other kids brought me books and I read them as well. Then we had exercise time (which because I'm pregnant made me have to go potty just a few minutes in) so I didn't participate the whole time. Then we did singing time. And then we went outside to play. Miss Terri said that day you were a hundred percent better behaved. And Wednesday (even though I didn't go) you were better behaved. So I am hoping I can go into your class once a week and help. It's just slightly difficult with baby sister and finding a baby sitter.
So because of your school difficulites we think you might have ADHD. So we are looking into some things in that regard.
You have started loving dress up. You always want your hair in a braid when were doing it. And you love to wear dresses. Especially ones you can twirl in. You love makeup. Daddy and I keep finding you standing on the bathroom counter getting into my makeup box on the shelf. In fact you have claimed several pieces of my makeup yours. (I get samples in the mail so everything is small -sample size.)
You are having a hard time being nice to Lizzy, and so I am constantly having to remind you to not kick her or pick her up or to share your toys. Which often leads to both of you crying. You also have not been eating as well, or when you do want to eat you'll only eat if I feed you. So making sure you're not hungry has been a challenge.
You are so excited for Halloween. You talk about it all the time. You pretend to be ghosts or monsters and scare Daddy and I. You want to be a witch for Halloween, so I'm going to try my hand at sewing you a costume (so that you can wear the dress and tights again). We'll see how good I do. We also got some Halloween decorations that I ordered so we are going to paint them.
You love reading stories. I can usually read a story and then you can basically repeat it (like really basic facts and points you get, but not word for word.) And it's so fun to see you make up parts of stories when you can't remember the exact details. Or you'll start singing songs, and making the lyrics up as you go. Or you'll sing about school rules, or subjects, or things Daddy and I have said. Its very entertaining.
Bedtime is so difficult right now. If Daddy and I stay up late you will too. Unfortunately you have been taking a late afternoon nap. Although not always. You are getting the point where you sometimes need a nap (only if you're really tired or onrey) or if we have been on the go and worn you out. So you fight us at bedtime to stay in your room.
You have started always talking with a whiney voice, and its really starting to get on my nerves. So we are working on it, but when I say you are whining you tell me you're not in a whinier voice.
Right now you are enjoying computer games that help you learn letters and numbers and those kinds of things. It's quite fun to see you getting good at things that you once had a hard time with.
But with all the time you cause me to want to pull my hair out and scream, you have one of the sweetest sides. You love to help out with the house and your sister.
Love,
Mom
Your 4 year stats as of 8-14-15.
Height: 40.4 inches.
Weight: 35 lbs.
![]() |
| car wash |




















No comments:
Post a Comment