Stats:
Height: 22.3 inches (26%)
Weight:11 lbs 11 oz (48%)
Head: 14.7 inches (7%)
You, my sweet William, have been my most difficult newborn. You spit/throw up like crazy. Daddy and I change our shirts at least a few times every day because of it. You have a huge umbilical hernia. And getting you to fall asleep anywhere but our arms has been really difficult. So unfortunately I spent the first 6 weeks of your life wishing you would fall asleep, so I could either sleep or be with your sisters or being cleaning up the mess in the house. And I feel so bad for wishing that. You are my last baby and I want nothing more than to savor these precious moments with you. But as you have gotten older and are wanting to stay awake more, it's so fun to just watch your eyes travel across the room looking at everything. Although you hate when it's bright. Especially when you are wanting to sleep. But you love looking into the brightness/light when you are awake.
This last week and half you have started cooing, and smiling, and you even giggled in the middle of your sleep during the night once. It was so cute! You want to be held sitting up right now and you only want to lay in our arms when you are tired. You hate tummy time-and with your umbilical hernia I don't want you screaming and crying and pushing it out more, so I give in after a few minutes. But you love to be on the floor on your back looking around, and watching everyone.
Of course having you on the floor is also difficult to do because your two older sisters love to touch and move you around. Sydney tries to wrap you up in the blanket you are laying on, and when Lizzy copies her she just ends up covering your face. Lizzy will run to you when she hears you crying and will pat you on your back (or anywhere really) as she has seen me done to try and calm you down. It is actually really cute. Sydney has picked you up right off the floor and brought you to me without me even being aware of it. That girl, she makes my heart drop right to the floor doing that.
At about 6 weeks or even shortly before that you started sleeping longer hours at night. Which came as such a relief. As of today, when we can get you into a deep sleep at night you'll sleep for 6 to 7 hours.
































No comments:
Post a Comment