Friday, April 22, 2016

Elizabeth 18 Months

 05/14/16: Stats:
Height: 31.5 inches. 54 %.
Weight: 24.10 lbs. 42%.
Head:18.1 inches. 32%.

 My dear sweet Elizabeth. You are so full of adventure. You get into everything! Or try to. You try to help with everything, especially if Sydney is. You have a very cute laugh, and you and Sydney go back and forth on who has the loudest laugh.  You love to help. So the nightly picking up of the toys (were trying to get into more of a consistent schedule with that) you love to help. Same with me and loading the dish washer, you'll take the dishes out and put them back in when I ask. So I've started handing you the silverware to load and you love it. You get the biggest smile when helping.

You love to tease Sydney, by taking her things, knowing if she makes you cry she'll get in trouble. But I have realized this, and so you to have started getting in trouble.

You have finally learned how to drink out of straws consistently.

You play so peacefully when you play by yourself.


Words you can say:
-uh oh
-mama
-dada
-nana (which you say, but I haven't quite figured out what you mean by it)
-oooo (what you say when we are singing/dancing)

You understand a lot of what we say. You are obsessed with the garbage can. You hang onto it pulling stuff out all the time. So now when we say throw it away, you know exactly what that means.  You know what "get your shoes" means, even if you get Sydney's' shoes and not yours.

When you turned 17 months you started giving actual hugs. Like lay your head on my shoulder and grip your arms around my neck/shoulders. And I would say hug if you let go and you'd do it again. I love that!!!!


When Sydney leaves her tablet alone you grab it and want to watch something on it. So funny. She hates sharing though so this usually ends with you (and possibly her) in tears.

You've started not wanting us to feed you off our plates.

You are interested in reading when I read to Sydney at night.

You found this spot in my room next to my bed that you like to sit at and one day you chewed my phone charger cable and i didn't notice to only come back smelling something burning a few hours later and find the cord had melted and burnt my sheet and mattress.

You know to put your arms through your shirt sleeves when I say "arms", and you want to help me with putting on your diaper and wiping your butt, which makes changing you a little challenging sometimes.

You've also kind of stopped napping. You'll get to that point, and I'll put you in bed and you'll just be in there for 45 min laying down or playing by yourself. But getting you to actually nap has become a challenge and you'll only do it if you're going through a growth spurt or you've been worn out.





this is how you ask for stuff. you hold your hand out.


































antelope island, UT



singing in the car

singing in the car

No comments:

Post a Comment