Monday, July 11, 2016

Lydia and Josh Came For a Visit

Lydia and Josh arrived Monday May 30th, 2016. Memorial Day. They arrived in the afternoon. And immediately Sydney and Josh went out to play at the park. Lydia and I would take turns watching them from the balcony.

The next day was Tuesday May 31st. We also just relaxed that day and Sydney and Josh would come and go to the park.

Wednesday, June 1st-everyone woke up by 7 am, except William. Thank goodness. I mean that was early. I felt tired most of the week because everyone kept waking up so early and I felt guilty about sleeping in to my normal time (or even just a couple more hours). This day we went to the Childrens Museum at the Gateway Mall in Downtown SLC. The kids had a blast. Lizzy's favorite thing was the water feature. Josh's favorite thing-hard to tell because he was all over the place, but I'd say the Helicopter was probably up there along with the race cars. Sydney's favorite thing was the magnetic pieces she built pizzas with. We ended up pushing ourselves to stay, so that we left when Jake did. But the kids were so tired, and wanted a nap so badly at the end. Thank goodness Jake worked close by, because Josh ended up just riding in the back of the jeep with no seat belt, and since He didn't have one on, Lydia didn't wear one either. So on our way back, we dropped Josh off with Jake to ride in the white car.

Thursday, June 2nd was Sydneys graduation from preschool. So we stayed at home, that way we were ready before 5pm to go to the library. We made there a little early. Sadly, only the great grandma's were the only others to make it because of traffic. So Jake made up for it by taking her to get and ice cream when we finally got back home. Sydney did really good and we are all proud of her. Josh was so proud to be there too.

Friday, June 3rd, we went to the Sandy Amphitheater Splash Pad. We invited Bindy and Skylee after we'd been there for a while, so We didn't stay long, about a half hour, once they arrived, and I felt bad. Sydney ended up playing by herself mostly, and so Josh felt bored. And Lizzy loved playing the water, but I kept going back to check on William so she didn't get a lot of play time out there. Lydia took Lizzy out once while i was feeding William. It was also a good thing I brought a lot of snacks, because the kids were starving at one point. They ate through almost every snack I kept in the diaper bag. So afterwords we went to Dairy Queen and got lunch.  Scott arrived that night, So at 9:30 pm, Lydia took Josh and Sydney with her to go pick him up from the Provo Airport. So they were gone for like and 1 1/2 hours.

Saturday, June 6th. We went to the Airborne Trampoline and played for an hour at 1 pm. It wore Lizzy right out. Sydney had so much fun jumping into the pits of foam blocks they had. They had a really big jump one, and after getting up the courage the whole time, just minutes before we left Sydney did the big jump. I was so proud of her. After we got back and the kids took a nap, we walked down to Scheels Sports Store. Sydney, Josh, and Scott went on the Ferris wheel there. And afterwords we got some yummy snacks in the Scheels little cafe they have. That night around 4 am they left to drive back down to Arizona.
We were glad to have them. Everyone had fun.
And Josh and Sydney were fighting by the end like siblings. Also Josh ate so much! I had to actually watch him at all times or i would have been left with no snacks period by the end of his stay. :)








































































































































Sydney jumping the big jump at the Airborne Trampoline place.



















































No comments:

Post a Comment