I am so proud of you buddy, but staying on your stomach for long periods of time isn't fun for you because you still puke, which means you are smashing your face into the spot where you puked. Yuck!
You've rolled over from your tummy to your back a couple times. I can't wait til you are more proficient at it, because you get stuck, especially in your crib.
At 5 1/2 months old you are finally being put into your own room. (The room/crib Lizzy previously occupied, because she is sharing a bunk bed in what used to be Sydney's room (now the girls room)).
You are so sweet. You love to laugh. You love to cry (I think). Lately, when you are trying to go to sleep, you just scream and cry. Sometimes to the point where i give in and feed you and you fall asleep on me. You love to roll onto your tummy, (this point you can move around a little. mostly backwards, and sideways) and spit-up/puke.
You try and grab at everything. When i am feeding you solids, i have to try and pin your arms down or you grab the spoon/bowl; whichever is closer. Toys, blankets, whatever your little hands can grab.
Yes, you have had solid foods a few times. I didn't really give you any til you were 4 1/2 months, and then i waited til you were a little over 5 months to try again. The last 3 days I have given you 1-2 solid food feedings a day. Trying to tide you over, because my milk is drying up and so that means soon you will be on a bottle with formula. Both of which you don't like. We have tried giving you formula, a) to see your reaction to it, and b) to try and get you accustomed to the taste.
You are getting so big. And as much as you getting older makes things a little bit easier (as in going places without interrupting your nap times, and not having to worry about breastfeeding you in public) I am missing your littleness already. The cute, cute outfits that you have. The little animal faces on the butt of your pants. We love you.
When daddy gets home from work, you just sit/stand and stare at him. You don't even look at me ;) Just eyes for daddy. I am glad. It makes daddy feel loved and involved.
Also daddy gave you a haircut. Trying to even everything up he said :)
I love you my sweet baby boy,
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment