Friday, October 14, 2016

Current Creek-2016

Current Creek 2016 : August 8-12th.
I have really enjoyed going up these last couple years on monday, before a lot of people get there and everything becomes chotic. Monday and Tuesday are simple days. No plans. Not a lot of people. Calm.
I love that. So once again Monday came and I loaded everything up and headed for Heber.
Once I arrived in Heber it took about an hour for us to get on the road. Sydney drove up with my dad and Shayla.  Elizabeth and William fell asleep about 20 minutes into the drive; right around when we hit the National Forest.  And I was so glad William fell asleep because before that he was just crying and screaming.
On the drive i kept rolling down the window to take pictures of the scenery, because it was so beautiful out there. One of Gods greatest works is the great outdoors.
The roads were washed out quite a bit for a while there and every time we would go through one of the washer in areas I would grimace and try and just get to a smoother area so i didn't wake the kids up.
Once we got up to Current Creek it took about an hour to get the trailer set up enough that I could start unloading the Jeep, and Shay watched the girls just kind of wandered around camp for me. We had hotdogs for dinner that night. Lizzy and Sydney each got to cook their own hot dogs, of course with a little help from me. We had smores that night with Gary and his girlfriend Kathy, and Kaylee.  William and Lizzy went to sleep, and Sydney stayed up to play a couple hands of phase 10 with all of us (Jeannette included) and it was a lot of fun. Sydney went to sleep and everyone else stayed awake playing phase 10 till 12:30 in the morning! So I didn't get into bed until 1 a.m.
Since Kaylee was the only "kid" there she was the only one they could play with. She was so good to the girls. Helped me out a lot.

Tuesday morning William woke up had about 6 o'clock wanting to eat so I rolled over and fed him (I was still breastfeeding at the time) and we went back to sleep.  Then at about 630 Lizzy started screaming so I pulled her to me trying to keep her from waking up Will, but that didn't work.  So I got up before they woke up everybody else to go make a fire. After all that Sydney woke up too. Dad was already awake so I asked if he could watch the kids while I went out and started a fire. It took me about 20 minutes to make a fire. Dad and I got the kids dressed and headed out to have breakfast at 7:30 in the morning. After this William  and Lizzy wanted to go back to bed so at about 845 I put Lizzy in the top bunk and William and I in the bottom and we took a nap for about a half an hour to forty minutes before everybody else had come out and was doing stuff and woke us up. I was little bit ornery.
Sydney and Dad and Shayla were going to go out on the boat so I made them lunch and a snack.  I made macaroni and cheese for Sydney and so she took a bowl of macaroni and cheese out on the boat to eat. Elizabeth and I stayed at camp with Shayla. Gary and I talked for a little while (he had stayed at camp while my dad took the boat out.)

Wednesday, I alternated waking up to Lizzy and William (who were both sleeping on the lower bunk with me). We stayed near camp most of the day because Dad left around 1:30 pm to go get Mom. Shayla and I were going to take the kids on a hike, and we got about ten minutes into it and realized there was no way we could do it without more people and of course water and snacks. So we went back to camp, and waited til the next day to go on the hike.  We had tacos for dinner that night. Mom and Dad got back around 5 ish. It started raining really, really hard. Under the canopy that was over the tables we were getting soaked, and the water was dripping so heavily off of the canopy and splashing everywhere. So Jeannette, Kaylee, Grandma A, Mom, Me and the kids all made a break for the trailer.  Lexie and her family got in that night while it was still raining pretty hard. Sydney was so excited to finally have someone her age to play with. Sarah also showed up while it was raining. She brought her dog, Toby along.
Nataya was afraid of him, so that meant that she stayed in the trailer while Sydney and I played with the dog throwing sticks for him. 

Thursday afternoon we went on a hike up the lower loop trail. It was actually took a while (it didn't help i was out of shape, also my mom carried lizzy up most of the way and Shayla and Sarah switched on and off with William. The view was very beauitful though. On the way back down the mountain I watched a tree fall over. That night we had tin foil dinners. My favorite.

Friday morning I woke up, and after the big breakfast (which was around 10 am) started packing up my stuff. I wanted to leave around 2 or 3 pm. It took me about an hour to pack up all of mine and the kids stuff. Mom convinced me to stay for dinner (or late lunch) because she was making dutch oven cooking. I was so anxious to leave and get home. So while I was packing my had the girls do an a craft-they glued jewels on to the letter for there name. They turned out really cute. That when her food that had been cooking for at least and hour and a half at this point wasn't done, i really wanted to leave. But i didn't. I didn't end up leaving til around 5:30 or 6 pm, which is way later than i wanted. I treated my mom a badly, because of my impatience, which was an ungrateful thing to do on my part. But I had mentally been ready to leave for hours. So after eating a hurried dinner, I packed the kids, and my Grandma into the car and we headed for home. Grandma and I had a nice talk on the way home. I love her.

Overall, the week was a lot of fun. And I know the kids LOVE camping!
I relied upon Kaylee, Jeannette, Grandma and my Parents to watch my some or all of my kids at varying points throughout the week and they were so awesome to help me out.
Also, the only time Lizzy would take a nap (which she was always desperately needing), was if I put her in the play pen and just let her cry herself to sleep.


































































































No comments:

Post a Comment