Sunday, October 29, 2017

My dearest Lizzy

Dear Elizabeth,
You are now 3 years old!

I can't believe how time has flown by.

  • You are Soooooo girly. Always wanting "eyes" (eye makeup) or "Lips" (chapstick/lipstick), and your hair done with bows or pretty things in your hair. You love dressing up in your princess dress. And even wear it to bed. 

  • You LOVE movies. You LOVE your tablet. If I don't watch your time with it you'd watch it all day. You even take the tablet most places if I don't remind you to leave it home. You love paw patrol right now. In fact "Marshall" was the Halloween costume you picked.  You also love to watch Barbie, My Little Pony (when daddy watches with you), and some of the movies I bought on Amazon so you can watch them on your tablet. 

  • You have the strongest little personality. Refusing to do anything you don't want. Throwing lots of fits. And not taking naps when you still need them (some times I have to lock you in your bedroom and let you cry until you fall asleep, just so you will nap); you usually fall asleep in the car if its around the later afternoon when you get tired. 

  • You have started pooping in your pants not the potty. So while you are totally pee potty trained during the day, you still have to wear a pull up so you won't poop in your pants. And then of course because of the whole pooping thing, we aren't even beginning to potty train you at night yet. We potty trained you on and off and not really constantly for 6 months before you got it. And that was really frustrating for both  you and daddy and I. Moving and having William be so little and need so much watching and attention made it really difficult for me to put in the time necessary. But as he and you got older it made it easier. But I am really glad that we finally got that accomplished. 
  • You have a really hard time understanding when I say not now or no and when I do say those things you start throwing a fit, screaming and crying on the floor. So many days where by the time daddy gets home at night I am exhausted from going from one fit to another with you. And I know its really difficult for you too. I am really trying to be patient with you and remember that when this happens you are struggling emotionally and just need some help and reassurance; so I hope the two of us can continually work together and that we will make it through this growing time for you with a better relationship. 
  • You love to help me. In the kitchen with the dishes. Cooking/baking. With the laundry. Anything and everything. And I really love that. I love that when I say who wants to help me bake you and Sydney come running and that you both take turns helping me put the ingredients in. 
  • You and Sydney are trying to work out what sharing is right now. While you both know the word. And Sydney knows the concept. You are still learning the concept. And that causes a lot of problems/fights between you two. But I really love it when you both share without me having to ask and of your own accord. 
  • You have gotten so funny with your outfits. I am in the process of pulling all the 2T clothes out and bringing in the 3T clothes. And you are starting to want to pick your own outfits. There are days where you change clothes 2 or 3 times. There are days where you don't want the first 3 shirts I pick out. And I am learning that that is okay. That you are different than Sydney was when she was little and that you are your own person. 
  • We finally got rid of your binky. A month ago, we were at Barnes and Noble getting a gift for Aunt Sarahs baby shower and you saw a Peppa Pig stuffed animal. So daddy and I took you aside and said you could have it if you gave up your binky. If you threw it away and didn't have one ever again. So you threw your binky away right there in the garbage can in the kids section and we got you the Peppa Pig stuffed animal.  That night you cried for your binky and daddy and I laid with you til you fell alseep. And it took you a couple days of asking for it before you stopped and started wanting a sippy cup at night. Daddy and I were vary proud of you when you stopped using your binky.
  • You love to "help" William like Sydney "helps" you. And you are learning that he doesn't really like that. That you don't really like that. 
  • You love to read. Every night after the story that daddy or I read, you'll take the book and read it in bed. I find you under your bed reading books. Or anywhere really. It's also a thing we do when we are going to be in the car for long periods of time. 
  • Your vocabulary and pronunciation of words has just flourished since we took your binky away. 

We love you Elizabeth.
 Love, Mom

Stats: 11-3-2017
Weight: 33 lbs. 72 percentile.
Height: 37 inches. 48 percentile.














































































No comments:

Post a Comment