Oh my sweet Lizzy, you turned 4! How in the world has this much time passed? I feel like your little years just passed you by and you are growing up so fast. You know all your colors. You love to play babies. You love to color (especially on yourself). You love to help me cook. You love to help me bake. You are constantly asking if we can make cookies or cupcakes and give them out to people. You love to watch movies. You love to play games. You love to go for walks. You love to change your clothes. I can't tell you how much extra laundry I have to wash because you change your clothes so frequently.
You and Sydney have started fighting quite a bit, and I think that is mostly because as you both get older the way you play changes, and you both have to figure that out-and it isn't easy. William is a boy and as such much more physically aggressive than you are, but I think you'll give him a run for his money in a few years. You have started all out fighting with him right back. You both fight pretty dirty. Hitting, biting, etc...
You have absolutely loved going to preschool. You have loved making friends. You even had me set up a playdate with a girl named Hailey. You love your teacher. She is super nice. You love learning. You have even wanted to do homework when I ask Sydney to do homework. Your handwriting skills are getting pretty good.
A few months ago you learned how to unlock your door. When we first moved into this house 18 months ago, we switched the door handle around so it locks from the outside. That way we could lock you in your bedroom at nighttime. Well you learned how to unlock it. Now it is next to impossible to keep you in your room for any reason. In fact you needed a nap so badly a few days ago (Dec 4th) that I had to get string and wrap it around your door handle and mine to try and keep the door closed enough you couldn't get out. It worked until you said you had to go to the bathroom.
So since I am actually typing this up really late. Like first week of December late. Whoops. Love you baby.
Anyway, about a week and half ago you were diagnosed with constipation.
At your 4 year checkup in October I mentioned to the doctor that you were pooping on the floor (not all the time, it would come and go. Like sometimes you'd do it a couple times in one day, and then you wouldn't do it for weeks.) Daddy and I were loosing our minds over this. Then you were constantly complaining about your stomach hurting. To the point where you would carry an ice pack every where with you for your stomach. Whether or not that actually worked, I'll never know. So back in October I started keeping track of your diet thinking maybe you were allergic to gluten or milk or something. But your doctor said it probably wasn't anything like that. And that was the end of that. You stopped complaining about your tummy for a few weeks. And so I forgot about it. Then in November you complained multiple times a day every day for several weeks. And so when we got back from our Thanksgiving trip to Arizona I scheduled you a Dr's appointment. They took an x-ray. And in the x-ray you can see the poop backed up in your colon. So they prescribed some laxative and very specific instructions. Then we watched a video about constipation that the Primary Children's Hospital put out. And found out that it won't take more than a few weeks to clear your system of poop, but to retrain your brain to poop in the toilet instead of on the floor, or not to hold in the poop will take 6 months or longer. So we have a long recovery time for you. But your dad and I are confident that we can help you through this.
In November as well you had to go to Primary Children's ER at like 9 PM at night because you got a bead stuck in your ear. Like all the way down. And every time daddy or I tried to grab it with tweezers it just went down farther. To the point you started crying cause it was hurting you. And I was afraid it would damage your eardrum. So Daddy took you to the ER. And you spent 3 hours there. But it only took them 1 minute to get it out of your ear. Something about slipping a skinny thing behind it and pushing air so it popped it out. You crashed hard in the car on the way home.
That was your second visit to Primary Children's ER this year. The first was when you broke your leg back in February.
I know I am not a perfect parent. There is a lot that I would/am trying to change about how I parent you kids. One of my biggest regrets is not sitting down and playing with you guys more often. So that is my goal this new year. To spend more time playing with you guys. And spend less time watching TV. I mean we watch so much tv that sometimes I think you kids' brain's are melting. I'm half serious and half kidding.
Oh, and we started going to church back in Octoberish. I think you like it. But you have really started hating when I drop you off at Primary. But I am hoping since we've only gone a few months and out of those months only a few weeks, that next year (especially with 2 hour church) will be better.
I love you Elizabeth. I hope you feel that from me and daddy. I hope
you never forget it, and that we never let you forget how much you are
loved.
I have loved watching you grow up. The things
you learn. The things you say. You are so silly and funny. But lately I
feel like we need to go back to the days you took naps. You are onrey,
cranky, and easily provoked, and cry at the drop of a hat. I hope that
it has something to do with the fact that you don't eat well (which I
now contribute to the constipation). But I am serious about us cutting
back on fast food and eating healthier. And I hope between more
interaction with me, less tv, and better eating habits will change your
attitude. You are a stubborn one. God sent you to me to teach me
patience.
Love, Mom
( and Dad)
stats: 10/24/18
Weight: 37 lbs 2 oz. 67th percentile.
Height: 39.9 lbs. 55th percentile.








































































No comments:
Post a Comment