Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Easter

April 21st, 2019

So Jake and I got into a pretty good argument the night before, because I wanted to follow the tradition I had as a kid where my Easter basket was hidden, and he didn't care. He doesn't like the face that the kids get a lot of stuff in their Easter baskets. He said that the egg hunt is the only thing the kids need on Easter and that Bindy is a bad influence because she goes all out on Easter.
So I went to bed without putting out the baskets, and Jake put the stuff in the baskets and put them out. So the next morning while the kids were going through their baskets it was still a little icy between Jake and I. But the kids couldn't tell. They went outside for a while to blow bubbles with their bubble fans.
Eventually Jake and I made up and got back to our normal smiling selves.

But for my family this day doesn't really have any religious connotation because my kids have not grown up knowing that Easter represents the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

But since this is my blog/journal I am going to write my testimony: I believe that Jesus Christ did live, and that he died, and after the third day he arose and ascended to heaven. I know that Christ atoned for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane and that no matter the mistakes we've made in life, if we show a contrite heart and spirit and repent of those sins we will be made whole in the eyes of God.

I love my children dearly. I hope that even though I haven't been the best mother or teacher (especially in regards to teaching them about my beliefs) that my kids will appreciate my beliefs and the beliefs of others even if it's not their beliefs.








 
 












No comments:

Post a Comment