Friday, April 5, 2019

Brayla and Mckays Wedding

March 28th, 2019-Brayla got married.

So a couple days before Braylas wedding she was texting me and ended up asking me if I was going to her luncheon and I said no, because my mom had been talking to her mom and was told that no little kids could come. So Brayla squashed that saying to bring the kids and come anyway. So Jake took the day off of work, and we headed to Payson in the morning to see her and Mckay come out of the temple. We made it with 5 minutes to spare before they came out. (Forehead smack). I grabbed my camera and the girls, which left Jake to grab William and get him all dressed, since we threw him in the car still dressed in his pjs.
Brayla and Mckay came out of the temple. We spent the next hour taking pictures. I took a lot of pictures. I am proud of how far I have improved in my photography.
After the pictures we had to run to Walmart in Payson because we forgot shoes for William. Whoops. So we were late getting to the ring ceremony they were having for those who couldn't go in the temple. So we missed the first 20 minutes. And made it just in time for the vows. They were so super sweet.
Then Lunch. I found out later that they had it catered by Mollys (http://molly.marvellouscatering.com/). It was super delicious.  I think I had a couple platefuls.

After the luncheon, we were gonna head back to let the dogs out, but I didn't want to miss anything and I didn't know how long it would take to get home and back to Provo for the reception. So Jake took William (so he would nap) and headed home to go let the dogs out. My parents took the girls and went to Costco. And I stayed and helped set up for the reception, but mostly I took pictures of other people setting up for the reception (and typing that made me giggle).

The place where the luncheon/reception was held was beautiful. Decorated so beautifully with flowers.  It was elegant. And I even talked with Brandon's wife, Miranda, as we worked. Which was nice, because I don't really know her or talk to her. Especially since they live so far away.
Watching my cousins work (Brayla's Brothers) was so nice. I haven't seen Brock (formally known as Brittany) in years. And it was so nice to catch up with him.

The reception was laid back, but fun. They had an ice cream cookie cart. A nacho and drink line. And I'm pretty certain my kids got nacho a couple times and a few drinks (different flavors each time) and a few ice cream cookies. After the reception we realized we hadn't eaten dinner, because we had been helping with the wedding all day. So the last meal was at the luncheon around 2 pm.

We did the cake cutting, and they had a dance, and then we sent them off with a farewell of sparklers.

We headed home and got home around 10:30 pm. While it was a long day, it was also a good day.





































































































No comments:

Post a Comment