Saturday, September 14, 2019

Elizabeth and Williams first day of school

Wednesday, September 4th, 2019

This year Lizzy and William are in the same preschool class. Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM.

The kids were so excited they were ready for school 30 minutes early. And it was so hard for them to have to wait to go.

I was worried Lizzy would mother William and so I had a talk with her before school about letting the teacher worry about what he was or was not doing.

William wanted to take all the cars in his backpack. It was a challenge to get him to understand that NO toys go to school. 

When we got to teacher house/school Lizzy ran up the steps to her teachers front porch where they line up and even though William was so excited he grabbed my hand and I had to walk him up there. My sweet little boy.

After School William saw me first and yelled mom and ran up and gave me a big hug. Lizzy was one of the last ones out the door and she just ran straight to the car. Little stinker.

I missed them.

But I had made a goal to myself that during those 2 hours they were at school I would work out and be productive.
I did go to the gym that first day of school, but I haven't made it back since. Bindy and I started working on our business during those hours.

The first show and tell ( Wednesday, September 11th) I went in the with kids because I wasn't sure how William was going to do with keeping his toy in his backpack. William showed an airplane. Lizzy took apple slices for everyone. They were both so excited. And did such a good job. William was so shy; it was adorable to watch.


And since that first day of school William yells mom when he sees me and then he and Lizzy race to the car.


But my baby is getting so big. Going to school. His speech has improved so much. And Lizzy loves school. She is getting so big and confident. Making friends. It makes my mama heart happy and sad at the same time.








Picking up the kids from schoool:










And because Lizzy and William started school too, I took the kids out for the "first day of school" Ice cream cone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment