Saturday, October 26th we had the annual Harvey Halloween Party at Julies house.
So because it was so cold we stayed inside Julies house, except to go outside and take the group picture.
Tami and Jason were on a trip and wouldn't get back til right before the party started, so that left Jake and I in charge of all desserts. So we made "Zombie Finger Cookies" and pumpkin bread with a cinnamon glaze, and homemade pumpkin pies with homemade whipped cream.
The girls had a lot of fun watching Jake and I make the finger cookies and in the end helping us a little bit with decorating them. I am so glad that Jake was willing to help make all these different foods. He is amazing. And I like to think he has fun too.
So we ate dinner. And then we celebrated the October birthdays. So of course Lizzy got presents and one of those was a grocery cart from Grandma and Grandpa Harvey, and Sydney was so jealous.
After everyone got all bundled up and we headed to a corn maze. Which was five minutes from Julies house. By this time it was pitch black outside. Jake stayed back at Julies house since he is allergic to everything at a corn maze. And I had to have Shayla help me keep track of all my kiddos because of how dark it was. In fact Tami and Jason didn't know where there kids were for awhile, turns out the boys split off and went with Eric and some others that split off from the "adult" group.
I did bring my camera with my flash into the maze, and got not very good pics because it was so dark and nothing to bounce light off of in the middle of a corn maze.
So we were probably wandering around for 45 min, maybe an hour before we found the exit. And then we headed to Cristas car for hot chocolate. After I got the kids their cups, I immediately headed for Julies to get Jake. It was cold and past the kids bedtime.
So overall I think we had a fun Halloween party.
below: All the desserts I made.
below: Crista and Blair gave Lizzy a fox nightgown, which she loves.
below: Julie and Scott gave Lizzy a Charlie Brown book and a Lucy doll. Surprisingly she really loves the Lucy doll. So I am glad for that.
below: Grandma and Grandpa gave Lizzy a shopping cart.
below: At the corn maze.
No comments:
Post a Comment