Saturday, February 29, 2020

Williams 4th Birthday Party-Train Ride

Saturday, February 22nd, 2020

So I had bought tickets for the Heber Creeper Train ride for William for his 4th Birthday. This was the party. It was a surprise for him. And he wasn't as excited as I had hoped; but he still had a good time. Lydia and Josh flew in for the party. I was so glad they could come. Anyway, we got to Heber at about 10:30 AM to drop the cake and other things off at my moms. We got on the 11 AM train. It was a 2 hour round trip. There was even a "pretend robbery" on the train. The actors were super funny.

Mom ended up giving all the kids ring pops, but Lizzy accidentally dropped hers and Jake told her no more (because we could buy them from the train concession stand) and she cried for like ten minutes.

Overall it was nice. Not totally exciting, but it was nice. I had never ridden on a train before.

After the train ride we went back to my moms house.

The night before Lydia and I took William to Zurchers to get all the party supplies. The kid picked some of the most random supplies. But it was cute and he had fun.

We set up the party supplies and mom had a nice homemade chili and scone lunch for us.

I made this cute cake in the shape of a 4 with tractors, and then after it was mostly assembled Jake ended up helping me fix a few things and making it look good. My hubby certainly has a creative streak that I am so thankful for.

Jake and I did presents for both him and William the night before on their actual birthday. So it was just presents from my parents and grandparents.

We left around 2 or 3 PM to go back home so we could hang out with Lydia some more before she had to fly out the next day.

I am grateful that Jake and I could do something like this for William. And I am so grateful for such a supportive family we have.
.













































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment