Dear William,
My sweet boy. You just turned 5. And though sometimes throughout your short life it has felt as if you have already been 5, you just continue to amaze me. With all that you learn. With all that you can do. Especially when you set your mind to it.
You have been so crazy playing in the snow with no shoes on. You crawl out the doggie door if I say no and then come back in ten minutes later screaming because your in pain because your feet are numb from the snow. And then we have to slowly warm them up in warm water. I thought you would have learned this lesson last year, but nope. You're learning it again.
You have been staying home with dad from 10:30 am til I get home with the kids after school all 4 days of the week. I got a job as the lunch recess aide, and then I stay after that to aide in a couple of other teachers classrooms. You were doing really well in the beginning. You LOVED playing Minecraft. And then that wore off and so daddy bought you a couple other games to play on the laptop we bought so you could sit downstairs next daddy's desk and play but also do your Upstart Preschool work. You stopped doing so good by December, but then we had Christmas break. And then you started up again when I went back to work in January and you only lasted a few weeks. The last half of the school year was so hard for me, because I wanted to be home with, to help you, not only so you wouldn't be bored, but with your homework for Upstart; daddy couldn't help you because he had to work during this time and I know you were struggling to get through it all. But I also really missed you. There were several times that I brought you with me to work, and you would play outside with the kids at recess and then I would take you home. I loved those days. But I know that last half of the school year was so hard for you because no one could give you attention for 4 hours and that's a long time for one so young.
You have started requesting showers. You'll take a bath, but then only want the shampoo rinsed out with the shower head. You put up such a fight if we try to rinse it out any other way.
You are our animal lover! Dogs or cats it doesn't matter. You love to play with them. You love to take Uki's ball away and hide it from him or make him chase you all over for it and never give it to him. And we keep having to tell you that you need to treat animals better. I know you love them, but you are to physical and teasing them in ways they don't understand. The cats keep scratching you, letting you know that you don't get to hurt them. For some reason when an animal makes you angry, meaning the cats or Uki, you hit them. And thats not ok. So we are working on it.
You are still a speed demon on your scooter. So we have to watch that. You have even started jumping with it, and trying to go down ramps with the older boys in the neighborhood.
You are such a physical child. For Christmas we even gave you a punching bag. You love to hit things, tackle anyone. I mean you are strong enough that when I am unaware you can almost take me down. I have long thought about putting you in wrestling, but daddy wants me to hold off til you are a little older and can understand better what is being taught to you.
You love to be snuggled to sleep. We have started doing that in your bed, more than in mine. It used to be you'd snuggle daddy and fall asleep and then we'd move you to your bed. But now we snuggle you in your bed so we don't have to move you.
You still love to play with trains. Especially with the neighbor boy, Junior. And cars. Cars, cars, cars all day long. Lined up on your dresser or bed. You love playing with cars.
Anyway, my bug, I wanted you to know I am proud of the little boy you are and the person you are becoming.
But please for my sanity, stop picking fights with your sisters.
Love,
Mom.
Height: 42.2 inches
Weight: 36.2 lbs



















No comments:
Post a Comment