Thursday, September 16, 2021

Mud Run with Shayla

 Saturday, September 11th

Shayla had signed up to do a mud run with my Aunt Crista, and cousins Katie and Heather. She asked me to come take pictures. Her run started at 9:30 AM over in the South Jordan at the Horse arena. Its about 20 minutes from home. So because it started so early in the morning, I didn't want to have to wake Jake up early so I took the kids with me. It started raining, and the run was even postponed for a little bit. But I didn't know what to expect so I was not prepared for rain, or mud, or the kids being  hungry and whiny. So I ended up having to call Jake anyway and have him come all the way to South  Jordan to pick up the kids. While I was waiting for hi to get there, the run started. So the kids and I were trailing behind Shayla. 

About 15 minutes into Shays run, lighting started and they had to pause the run. Because were at the horse arena, they had a giant area available to for people to be in and hide from the rain. About that time is when Jake showed up so I walked the kids to the front and he took them home. On my way back to Shayla I started taking pictures of random groups of people, getting their emails. Eventually it was too many people and I couldn't get all the of their emails, so after the whole event I contacted mud girl and they had me post the link to the gallery on the Facebook group so people could get their photos.

Anyway, after that I was able to keep up with Shay and the group pretty easily. It was a lot of fun for me actually. I mean taking pictures usually is, but this, watching these women and girls have fun, just made it even better when I captured the moment.























No comments:

Post a Comment