Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Arizona Trip (June 14th-19th)

The girls and I traveled to Glendale, AZ in June of 2015. I was really nervous about the flight. How was I going to possibly get two kids and all our luggage through the airport and onto the plane. Well because we flew through Allegiant Airlines we flew out of the Provo/Orem airport which is so tiny.

We pulled up to the airport 2 hours before the flight, and we ended up leaving and going to get lunch at Subway so that we didn't have to sit in the waiting area for a really long time. 

Jake came in with us, but almost right through the door is the check in point and just right around the corner was the TSA checkpoint. So we left Jake standing in the foyer basically and went through the checkpoint; and while it was complicated, it wasn't horrible. They did end up checking Elizabeth's baby food, so I'm glad I didn't take that many.

Sydney was really helpful in pulling her suitcase along. We sat in the waiting area for about 30 minutes before the plane showed up.

I put Lizzy in the baby backpack, had Syd pulling her suitcase as we crossed the tarmack. We had to board the plane in the back so we had to climb up some stairs. Thankfully there were two gentleman who each grabbed one of our suitcases and carried them up the plane for me.

Sydney sat next to the window, and I couldn't fly with lizzy in her baby backpack so I had to take her out. Lizzy was so tired, but she refused to fall asleep til about 20 minutes before we landed. The flight was an hour and a few minutes. Sydney looked out the window every so often, but she got bored on the flight, and I forgot to bring water and snacks so she was hungry and really thirsty by the time we landed.

Lizzy loved staring at the guy sitting next to me on the end. He played with her a little and even helped me with her so I could deal with Sydney. Overall both kids were really good.

When we landed in AZ we climbed out the back onto stairs and one of the guys who helped me with the luggage in Provo helped me with my luggage getting off. But someone took the black suitcase that had all of Sydney's stuff in it (including lady bug pillow). So I was freaking out a little, and this guy carried my luggage for me into the airport and to the help desk to help me find my missing suitcase. We saw Scott, and thankfully a few minutes later the person who mixed up the suitcases came to the help desk and we were able to switch.

So at this point Sydney was really thirsty, tired, and hungry. We left the airport and we were assaulted with 100 degree heat. We had to walk about half a mile to the car and Sydney was so done by the time we got the car.

Then silly me, I put the diaper bag in the trunk not even thinking about that fact that lizzy would now be hungry, so after Scott let me stop at a store for some water and an apple for Sydney we got on the road. About then minutes later Lizzy was screaming so badly we had to stop and get the diaper bag out of the trunk. The car almost didn't start back up. Lizzy basically screamed for 3/4 of the drive, I felt so bad for her and Scott.

We got to the house and Sydney and Josh immediately starting playing together. After about an hour I headed to Walmart to get formula and baby food. I bought some groceries and a couple toys for Sydney.

Monday night after Scott got home we went to Chucky Cheese. Syd had never been there before. They forgot to make our pizza so we got a 100 free coins. For 5 people to spend that was a lot of coins.

We mostly spent time swimming at the house.

We did a puppy photo shoot (which was a lot of fun). 

Wednesday and Thursday we went to indoor parks. On our trips out of the house we had to take an Ice cube and rub down the seat belt metal so it didn't burn the kids. And one day Lydia drove with socks on her hands cause the steering wheel was so hot.

Friday at 4:00 am we packed up and headed to the airport.

That Thursday night Lizzy got sick and so the whole night she had trouble sleeping, and had a fever. So the whole plane ride home I had to keep a wet cold cloth on her forehead. So not having her in the baby backpack was a little difficult. But I was smart and Sydney took her ladybug pillow on as her carry on item and was able to sleep the flight home. But as we were boarding the flight Lizzy was screaming and I felt so bad. But before we took of she stopped. I didn't have help getting the bags on board that morning, but they had a ramp at the front of the plane and so I pulled both suitcases while Sydney carried her pillow and backpack. I was seated next to a girl from AZ on the flight back and we talked the whole time. Sydney slept the whole flight. Lizzy slept and sat on my lap. The girl helped me off the plane and then we met Jake through the door. He was a sight for sore eyes.

I was so tired that he stopped off at Great Harvest and picked up two loaves of freshly made pumpkin bread for breakfast.















































provo airport

waiting to board in provo

waiting to board in provo

waiting to board in provo

on the airplane in provo

on the airplane in provo

on the airplane in provo

on the airplane in provo

on the drive to grandmas house from the AZ airport

on the drive to grandmas house from the AZ airport

on the drive to grandmas house from the AZ airport

on the drive to grandmas house from the AZ airport





lydia and I have matching walmart rings













at the baby playland

at the baby playland

at the baby playland

at the baby playland

coming back from the baby playland both girls started to cry. (this was on Wednesday I believe.)

coming back from the baby playland both girls started to cry. (this was on Wednesday I believe.)

coming back from the baby playland both girls started to cry. (this was on Wednesday I believe.)

coming back from the baby playland both girls started to cry. (this was on Wednesday I believe.)




waiting in the AZ airport to go home

waiting in the AZ airport to go home

on the plane going home

on the plane going home

on the plane going home

at home after a long vacation in a really hot city


No comments:

Post a Comment