You are now 6 years old. And full of your own opinions on how to do things.And I'll admit I struggle with you sometimes. Getting you to help around the house, doing your chores, and just being nice to your family is becoming really difficult. You take everything, and think that you run the show. You act like the mom and tell them what to do, and it's hard to differentiate when you are just doing it, and when you are playing house.
You have been getting in trouble a lot of handling things badly, and I am doing my best to teach that there are better ways to handle every situation.
On a brighter note. You can be a lot of fun. You love playing games. You are really good at making Lizzy and William laugh. And half the time you are really nice to them and they love to play with you and vice versa.
I don't know what happened between last year and this year, but all the sudden watching you ride your bike is funny and frustrating. You go super slow. Afraid you will fall over at the slightest gust of wind and get hurt. And I tell you that riding a bike is about going fast. And that yes there is a chance you can get hurt if you are not riding properly. Like when you want to stop you throw your feet to the ground instead of using the bike breaks. With the new bike you are too short to touch the ground from the seat, so hopefully you will make a mindset change to use the breaks instead. And hopefully I can convince you that riding your bike is fun, and going fast (while being safe) is fun. And that if you ride correctly, there is a less of a chance you will get hurt.
You still love to put toys in all these "precious spaces," as you call them. And daddy and I trying to teach that, you can do that while you are playing but once your done all the toys go put away. That those toys in the precious spaces don't get to stay there forever.
You love to do flips and twirl. You have started using the bunk bed frame as a place to hang on to while you twirl. So every night I have to say stop twirling, and you always say just a few more times. It makes me laugh, and I am proud of you. I keep telling myself I need to put you in dance class.
You are really into Doc Mcstuffins right now. You love practicing being a doctor. So much so that daddy and I got you and Lizzy Dr kits. And now I have to buy two of everything (ok don't have too), because if I don't you and Lizzy fight over it, til I have to take it away.
You are getting so good with writing. And remembering all the letters and their sounds. We have number flash cards in my purse that we do while driving around town. You have started to get really good with recognizing numbers.
I bought this summer workbook, and you have only done 5 exercises out of the workbook and it is the end of July (whoops) but still, you are getting really good with learning and remembering.
Now if I could get you to care about reading, not just being read too.
You ask so many questions. Why about everything. You are so curious. And I try to answer the best I can. And sometimes you start asking questions and wanting answers when you need to be doing your chore, and you use that as an excuse sometimes to not do the work.
You love helping me cook/bake. You helped me make a lasagna the other day, and when the time came to eat it, you eat every bite. Which is so unusual. Lately I have been having to fight you to eat, and you have been going to bed hungry a lot. So I told you that you were gonna start helping me make dinner, that way you would eat. To which you replied "ok, I want to do that."
You love to sing. If there isn't any song on you'll make up your own lyrics. You create lyrics around anything and everything that is going on around you. If I recorded every time you sang, I'd have a 1,000 + videos. You are just simply amazing in that way.
Lately you have been calling your dad and I, "mama and dada." You also say "yes ma'am" if I ask you do something.
My Sydney, Although we fight. And I am trying to be patient with you, and the steep learning curve you are on, I know I am not perfect. And I know that you are trying your best.
I love you for that. I love your fiestyness. I love how you are always trying to learn. And I love you because you are willing to help me out (most of the time).
You are an amazing little girl. You are going to do amazing things, once you set your mind to it.
I hope you know how special you are to me. And how loved you are by both your dad and I.
He always looks forward to sharing new things with you as you get older. So much so he even brought out a drum the other night and started playing it just for you.
I can't wait to watch you grow and learn.
Love,
Mom
Stats: 8/25/17
Weight: 43 lbs. 37th percentile.
Height: 45.1 inches. 43rd percentile.
(these pictures cover from August 2016-August 2017)






































































No comments:
Post a Comment