Monday, June 4, 2018

Alyssa's 29th Birthday. Shayla's 25th Birthday. Mom's Birthday.

So the day of my birthday (Thursday, May 10th) my mom came down and Spencer, Sarah, and Mom took me to lunch at Olive Garden. The girls were good. Helpful. Listened. William cried, and wanted out of the high chair they had. But every time I let him out he would run around and yell loudly. The girls went with my mom to get the gifts (they had picked out a few days prior to this that my mom paid for)  they got for me so I could open them. Sydney got me a shirt (she had picked out white pants but mom didn't get them ;) ) and Lizzy gave me a mom bracelet. So after we ordered I only got to eat for a few minutes before I took him out of the restaurant and let him run around outside in the parking lot for 15 minutes.  (there happened to be a big open empty lot a couple minute walk from the restaurant.) So my kids didn't eat any food that was ordered. We took it all home. Mom wanted to light candles and sign so I convinced her we should do that outside of the restaurant. So we sat on the grass outside the main entrance and opened some more gifts. (Mom gave me a couple shirts, Sarah gave a shirt and some bath stuff, Spencer gave me a really sweet card and licorice, and on Mothers day since Shay wasn't there she gave me my birthday gift of a couple of stretchy capris.) Then we lit some candles and they sang happy birthday to me.

We then went and picked up Jake from work.

He had to set up his birthday gift for me, so I took the kids to park down the road and I was gone an hour. At this point, I was tired, hungry and I just wanted to be home. So we got home and I told Jake I was done, if his gift wasn't ready now then  it could wait. I know, not my finest moment. I could have been more patient and ask how much longer he need. But the kids had tested my patience and found the limit. So Jake told me to take the kids on a walk around the block and He'd be ready. So the kids and I meandered away. We didn't even make it half way around the block before Jake met up with us.

So we got home and there was a card on the door. I opened it up and found out I was being sent on a scavenger hunt. So the cards had 3 clues in them. The first one I could see right away. The second and third clues were covered with paper, and if I didn't get the first clue, then I could peel the paper off the next clue until all 3 clues were revealed. And if I still didn't get it had a "cheater clue" on the other side of the card, also covered with paper that I could peel off. He did this so I didn't have to ask any questions. He just observed. There were only 2 or 3 clues I had to go all the way to the cheater clue to get it.

And each clue sent me to another clue. Until the final clue sent me to my camera bag where a wrapped box was inside. And My gift was a new 85mm 1.8 lens.

I love it!!!!!!!!!
Through all of this we had to help the kids and feed the kids (we had picked up food) because at this point in the day it was close to 8 pm.

My husband is so thoughtful. He is so amazing. It took him two weeks to come up with all the clues.
I am the luckiest girl alive to have someone who put so much thought and effort into my birthday. Even though it wasn't a huge thing it mean't everything to me that he thought so much of me and worked so hard to give me a fun birthday. He said he felt bad that he only got one thing (one expensive thing-$350 bucks for that lens) and so he was trying to "give me something else to compensate" but He didn't need to. I love that lens. He knows how much photography means to me. And so thoughtful to get me something that I would use so much more than he will ever know.
I am so grateful for this man in my life. Love you babe.



















































































On Sunday May 6th was Shaylas bday, and I called her and had the kids sing to her, but I felt bad because she didn't really get a big "thing/party" on her day. So I wasn't able to give her her gift ( I ended up sending it home with mom on my birthday) on her day. But on the Saturday before her birthday I did a photoshoot with her. Shayla is such a nice sister. So thoughtful. So helpful. So strong in the face of adversity. She is such an inspiration to me. She works so hard. She has such faith. And I am so glad that she is a roll model for my own children. I love you Shay.



Mom's birthday was Friday, May 18th. We didn't get together on mom's birthday. But I had the kids call her and sing happy birthday to her. And she wasn't sure if we were getting together that weekend. And I told her that we should get together on Sunday. Especially since Sarah and Brady, and Shay would already be up there. So we got together on that Sunday. But I totally forgot her present. (she didn't get her gift until she came down the next weekend to help Jake and I clean the house before my trip to Arizona. My mother is amazing. She is so caring, helpful, and such an inspiration in many ways. She is so spiritual and her faith shines through in all that she does. I am so glad my kids have her for a grandma. She teaches them and me so much about the joy of life and the joy of motherhood. She is so patient and kind. I know that I wouldn't be half the person I am or half the mother I am if she was not my mother. I love you mom. Thank you for all your help, both Physically as well as Spiritually.















No comments:

Post a Comment