Monday, June 4, 2018

Mothers Day.

On Mothers Day I headed over to Grandma Arnolds new house. Turns out its an end unit townhome/condo thing. It was really nice and clean. We had lunch that my parents brought down to grandmas. I got to test out my new 85 mm lens.
After that we went to Grandma Harveys for a while.

I am so thankful for my mom, my mother-i-law and my grandmas. They are amazing women. They each of taught me things on how to be a better person and a better mother. I am constantly inspired by each of them. I am so lucky to have them in life. They make that life so much better.

I am so grateful to be a mom. I am so grateful for the children I have the experiences they have created for and with me. They are constantly testing my patience limit. They are constantly testing my creative limit. All the limits they test. And even on the most exhausting or disappointing or frustrating days, I still wouldn't change anything. I still love them more than life.  And on those days where I don't do my best I ask them to forgive me and help me to do better. I ask them to do better too so that those days where they are frustrated with me are infrequent. They are the most special things to me (besides my husband, because without him these beautiful gifts from God wouldn't exist).
I am so grateful that God entrusted these precious souls to me. That he saw something inside my soul that would help these beautiful people blossom and that they would help teach me some of life's greatest lessons. I love you Sydney, Elizabeth, and William.

"No love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child....A wonderful young mother recently wrote to me: “How is it that a human being can love a child so deeply that you willingly give up a major portion of your freedom for it? How can mortal love be so strong that you voluntarily subject yourself to responsibility, vulnerability, anxiety, and heartache and just keep coming back for more of the same? What kind of mortal love can make you feel, once you have a child, that your life is never, ever your own again? Maternal love has to be divine. There is no other explanation for it. What mothers do is an essential element of Christ’s work. Knowing that should be enough to tell us the impact of such love will range between unbearable and transcendent, over and over again, until with the safety and salvation of the very last child on earth, we can [then] say with Jesus, ‘[Father!] I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.'......To all of our mothers everywhere, past, present, or future, I say, “Thank you. Thank you for giving birth, for shaping souls, for forming character, and for demonstrating the pure love of Christ. "-Jeffery R Holland

My Mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her. -George Washington. 

Motherhood is a million little moments that God weaves together with grace, redemption, laughter, tears, and most of all, love. -Lysa Terkeurst









































No comments:

Post a Comment