Day 1: Sunday, May 27th.
There was a lot I still needed to do that morning before we headed for the airport. So I didn't get to sleep in. We left for the airport about noon. And our plane took off around 2:30 PM. Since we have traveled through the Provo Airport a few times now, I knew what to expect. What I didn't expect was having a problem with going through security. I had forgotten that I had pepper spray in my purse. Well they had to re-scan my bags twice, and then hand check my purse until they found it. And then because I had checked luggage they were able to put it inside that. I left the pepper spray inside my suitcase the whole week so I didn't have that same embarrassing thing happen on the way home.
Anyway, we sat in the lobby for probably 30ish minutes until we got to board the airplane. We got to see it land and that got William quite excited. The kids were pretty good in the lobby, so it wasn't too bad, but they got a little restless near the end of the wait time.
We got to board through the back of the aircraft which made it really easy since our seats were the very back row of the plane. The girls sat on the right side and William and I on the left. Since the third seat of each row was not taken up I had the girls put a seat between them before we left. So Lizzy sat on the aisle seat, and Sydney took the window seat. I had the aisle seat and William the seat in the middle right next to me.
Upon take off William and Lizzy and Sydney screamed a little since the flight was tickling their tummies, but I had to remind them not to scream in closed quarters. Lizzy didn't want anything really during the flight. She just kind of sat there watching everything, and playing with the tray table and books in the back of the seat. Sydney colored a beautiful page in her coloring book. And William played on his tablet, with the tray tables and books, and even managed to climb out of his seat with my back to him while I was talking to Lizzy once. At that point it was lunch (ish) time and I was hungry. So I bought M'nM's and Pringles to share with the kids. Cost me $6 bucks. Whew! But that satisfied the kids for the most part until we were able to land.
We landed at about 3 PM. Getting off the plane took a little bit, because they didn't deboard on the back end and so we had to wait for everyone in front of us to clear out first. They kids immediately ran to Lydia and gave her a hug. then we had to wait about then minutes for the check luggage bags to get to the conveyor belt. So the kids ran around and got into trouble while we waited. The weather in Mesa wasn't horrible yet, so up on leaving the airport my body wasn't horribly shocked by the heat.
The kids got inside the truck, and they all immediately liked it. Williams carseat was reclined a bit. Lizzy had her own booster seat (not a full back booster so the seat belt bugged her neck some), and Sydney had leg space to put her feet up.
The trip to Lydias house took about 30 minutes. We stopped off for Mcdonald's because it was like ten minutes from her house, and the kids were hungry cause it was dinner time.
We went inside and Lydia had set up a "kids corner" with toys and a cardboard play house and the scooters for the kids that i had ordered. They loved being able to ride the scooters throughout her house (for which she gave the ok to).
At this point it was like a little after 4:30 PM AZ time (there is a one hour time difference, so in Utah it would have been 5 PM). So we made the kids come sit down and eat their dinner.
Then they could go play. We actually went swimming that first evening and the water was a little cool, so I had to just jump right in. Then that evening we went for a walk around the neighborhood.
Day 2: Since it was memorial day weekend Scott had the day off work. It was a slow/Lazy morning. The kids were once again awake at 7 AM (AZ time) and so we played around, the kids colored the cardboard house, road their scooters around, and the girls went swimming in Lydias pool while William took a nap. The girls sat on Scotts lap while he played "pretend Santa" and kept asking the girls what they wanted and then would say "no, no you don't want that, why don't you ask for ____ instead." The girls would just giggle like crazy. I put William down for a nap and so while he napped the girls swam in the pool. At one point Scott was bending over to fix something in the pool when Lydia started to encourage Sydney to "push Papa in the pool." So Sydney pushed him in the pool while we were all unaware he still had his hearing aid in. So Sydney broke his hearing aid, which meant for the rest of the week he couldn't hear very well. Whoops. But Sydney had a big laugh over pushing him in and the splash he made. When William woke up we headed to the splash pad. Which the kids didn't even play at for more than fifteen minutes before they left the splash pad area and headed for the park area. Then they played for like an hour. Ashley and John even met us there and hung out with us for a while. I headed into town to go grocery shopping. I spent $300 and Scott had a total fit that I had spent that much money, and filled his truck up with that many grocery bags. Well That night we went for a walk around the neighborhood. Sydney and William got really good at riding their scooters.
Day 3: Once again everyone was awake by 7:00 AM AZ time (8:00 AM Home time). So we made breakfast, let the kids play, and do crafts and coloring while we waited for it to get warm enough outside so the kids could swim. The kids love water!!!! (well except at bath time). After the girls went swimming, While William was napping, I took Lizzy and we headed into town to do a little shopping. I wanted to get a couple cute dresses to do the silhouette pictures Lydia and I wanted to do. We went ended up getting a few other things. We went to target and Michaels. I got some craft stuff for the kids, and dresses for the girls, a new swimsuit for Sydney (wish i had gotten one for lizzy too), and a quote board. I bought Lydia a new set of knives that way when I was there I would have a variety of sizes and knives that were sharp. (that night at dinner both Lydia and I cut ourselves pretty badly. It took a few days for both of us to heal up some. And Lydia was still bleeding a little bit at the end of the week when we went home). For dinner we did grilled chicken and the kids were obsessed with watching Scott on the grill. Then we went on a walk that night (one of my most favorite things about being in Arizona).
Day 4:
The kids once again woke up early. Which meant getting started early. We headed to this play place for the kids. It was a "treehouse."I ended up putting my camera away and crawling through the many tunnels (Lizzy and William didn't really want to do it by themselves...better way to phrase that-they refused.) with the kids. Sometimes Sydney was with me, and Lizzy, and William and other times she ran off on her own. Sydney really liked exploring and climbing around. Lizzy and William were really nervous because some of the tunnels weren't solid plastic and so they swayed a little, and it was pretty dark up in there. I was pretty hot and sweaty when we finally made our way down to the bottom (we headed to the very top to explore). They definitely need better ventilation and more lights way up high in the "canopy" so that people can see easier. We got a little lunch there. Turned out it was expensive and not very good. The kids didn't really eat anything. Big surprise (I said sarcastically). We were only there for an hour, maybe two. We went home, and the kids swam for awhile, had a bath, and then an 30 minutes before sunset we headed out into the desert to take some silhouette pictures. William had no interest in anything but the dirt. The girls did pretty good, although since we (by my request) went to early we had to just wait around for the sun to get a little lower on the horizon. But the pictures turned out really good i think. And Lydia even took some of me and the kids too; which almost never happens.
Day 5:
Today we just stayed home and played in the pool. We relaxed. William napped a couple times. The kids did crafts. Read some books. Watched some movies. But we didn't go anywhere. I know Sydney got bored, but we managed. Later that night Ashley and John came over, and I went out and took Silhouette pictures for them. (because I am finishing typing this almost 3 months after it happened I can't quite remember all the details.)
Day 6:
We went to the Childrens Museum today. After our normal, wake up at 7 AM and lounge around for a couple hours. We headed to the museum about 11 am. The kids always have fun. This year Sydney helped Lizzy go all the way to the top in the jungle gym. And then because Lizzy got scared being so high up I went up to help her get down. Having me climb around in there (because of my size) was really awkward. After about 20 minutes William woke up and we headed upstairs to the next area. Next the kids played with this tube that you put stuff into and it blows it out. Then we did the car wash. William like that a lot. Then we went into the "little toddler/kid" room. And the kids played with mail boxes. Then we got some lunch. It cost 60.00 bucks for a couple of sandwiches, and mini pizza, and some juice. After lunch we headed upstairs to the third floor. That is where the play grocery store and restaurant are. The girls really like this area. William didn't care for the restaurant or the store, so he went to an area I think was made with boys in mind. It had lots of different size balls and tubes to put them down. The kids played in those areas for 30 or so minutes before we moved on. Down the hall was a giant classroom where the kids played a few different games. They made different animal jumps, ran around in circles, and talked the museum workers ear off. We played in the kitchen again for a little bit. Then we headed downstairs to climb in the big climbing area with William. He loved it once he figured out how to get comfortable climbing up so high. Lizzy is a little afraid of heights. After playing in their we headed home. We played in the pool some more. Papa even got in the pool again. Then we went for our nightly walk. But this time instead of just going around the block we went to the park by the elementary school. The kids took their scooters. We played on the swings and Scott pushed the kids on them. They road their scooters on the basketball court. And I had fun taking pics from all angles trying to get the beautiful sunset lighting and my kids having fun in each picture. We headed back when it was about to be dark (you don't want to be outside after dark because of the coyotes.) The kids had a lot of fun. Lizzy LOVED the swings. William loved riding his scooter. And Sydney loved all of it.
(Below: the worker coming to take back all the groceries since she wasn't supposed to take them from the store area.)
Day 7:
Today was our last day in Arizona. So we didn't do much. I packed and washed clothes. We swam. And took our end of the evening walk, but this time it was just me and the kids. Sydney broke her scooter the previous night at the park. So tonight on the walk since Lizzy usually wanted to walk she let Sydney ride her scooter. However on our way back home Lizzy wanted to ride her scooter and Sydney threw a huge fit because she now didn't have a scooter to ride. She was so mad at me because I told her that she was a big girl, and Lizzy was nice enough to share her scooter so Sydney could share too. And she got mad at me and said I hurt her feelings, so I apologized for hurting her feelings, but I refused to apologize for the words I said because I felt that she needed to hear them. So the whole rest of the walk home and for the first little while back at the house she refused to talk to me and cried for awhile.
Day 8:
We left Lydias house at 4:30ish in the morning. Our flight departure was 6:30 AM. The kids did really good getting through security and into the airport. They were hungry when we got to the airport so after we got to the departure gate I bought muffins and some other stuff. They didn't really eat it, so it was kind of a waste. The flight went smoothly. Mostly because William ended up sleeping most of the flight. Jake picked us up at 8:15 AM. We were all really tired. And our Arizona trip was once again really successful and super fun. We always love our visits to Nana's.


















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment