On October 22nd, 2018 my sweet little Lizzy turned 4! It was a Monday, and she had the party the same day. From 6-8 PM at a place called Jump Around Utah. The kids loved it. Earlier that day, while Sydney was at school, Lizzy (who had been asking for cupcakes for her birthday for weeks) helped me make her birthday cupcakes. William wanted to help decorate them. So in honor of a unicorn theme (or rainbow theme) I made 5 different frosting colors and we colored the cupcakes. I made Lizzy a very special cupcake with the rest of the frosting. I thought they all turned out really well. William and Lizzy helped put on the sprinkles. It was very hard for them not to eat any before the party.
We ended up being five minutes late. Brett and Bindy beat us there. But no other guests had arrived. it was super nice that I didn't have to buy the balloons or anything. just cupcakes, wipes, oh, and Brett and Jake had to drive to the store for drinks (because we totally forgot people would get hot and sweaty while jumping and running around).
Lizzy had 3 friends from preschool come. Skylee came. And then Lizzy, Sydney, and William. So there were enough kids to play with, but it wasn't super crowded. (On the invitation I said that gifts were optional, but everyone brought one anyway.
The kids had so much fun. Tons of laughs. Only a little bit of crying. My parents were an hour late (car accident in the canyon), so we didn't end up eating the cupcakes and singing happy birthday til about 7:10 PM. Then she opened up all the gifts people brought (Jake and I had decided beforehand that we would leave our gifts to her at home and give them to her once we got back home).
We left at 8 PM and went and picked up some food for us and the kids to eat, because at this point everyone was starving.
(below): Lizzys extra special birthday cupcake.
(below) preschool friends gift to Lizzy
(below) this preschool friends gift is a recorder
(below): Bindy, Brett, and Skylees gift to Lizzy
(below) Grandma and Grandpas gift to Lizzy
(below) Sydneys gift to Lizzy is a little mini Walmart shopping cart
(below) Jake and I gave Lizzy a necklace bead kit, a couple of sticker books, some clothes, and a writing tablet, that sounds out the letters and numbers and helps kids learn to write them.
(below) while Sydney was at school and Jake was at work Lizzy wanted to play games and puzzles. So we did.
(below): Nana and Papa's gift to Lizzy. A headband making kit.
































No comments:
Post a Comment