Saturday, December 8, 2018

Bindys Suprise Birthday

Bindys birthday was on November 20th. But since we were leaving that weekend to drive to Arizona for Thanksgiving I was gonna miss the actual day. So about 2 months before her birthday, I talked to Jake about doing a surprise birthday for her. We had a game night right before this and she said the thing she wished the most was that someone would plan a birthday party without her having to beg for one, or give her a surprise birthday-something she had never had in her 35 years. So that's what i wanted to do for her.
So 2 months before her birthday, I bought tickets for her, Brett, Taran, Jake and I to go to a comedy club on November 16th.
About a week before the big day, Brett and I started talking on snapchat so she couldn't see about how we were gonna pull this off. Now, I didn't even tell Brett about this whole thing til about 2 weeks before the big day.
And we pulled it off so nicely. A few days before, Jake let it slip that I was gonna take her out for her birthday to a movie. Just her and I. She loved that idea! was so excited for it. And so I went to her house to pick her up so that we could work before hand to finish Lydia's dragonfly (the surprise birthday was on Friday and we were headed to AZ on Saturday-the very next day). So from my house, Spencer showed up to babysit. Our excuse for Jake was that he had to work late. Which he does often enough that excuse worked out great. So Bindy and I hoped in my car and we drove downtown. Now the comedy club, Wiseguys, is at the Gateway mall. The Gateway mall also happens to have a movie theater. And Jake works a few blocks from it. So saying we had to go to that movie theater allowed me to get her within walking distance of wiseguys, and also an excuse to "pick Jake up from work".
Unlike the last time I had gone to wiseguys, there was no line outside. So  I called Jake pretending like I was asking for directions on how to get to the entrance to the movie theater. Well he said he was inside, so I made up an excuse that we had to go pick up tickets for Jakes coworker at Wiseguys since we were there. So we got inside. The whole time I was acting dumb, and so confused about the whole thing. They ask for our name, and I say "Jake Craig" and they stamp both our hands. At this point I am trying so hard not to give anything away. So acting confused we go down the ramp, and were standing at the bottom of the ramp. I am desperatly looking for Jake while trying to act confused, when all the sudden he turns around. And I say to Bindy "I think thats my husband" and she sees Jake and recognizes Brett from behind who was sitting right next to him. And at that second, Brett and Taran both turn around. So Bindy and I turn to each other and were both confused (although I am just pretending). So we go up to them and they say to her Happy Birthday. And so we sit down. And Brett and Taran start talking to Bindy, and she realizes it was all an act from me to get her in there.

We had a good time. Lots of laughs. Wrote down some of the Jokes to fill out the cards against humanity collection some more. Had some good food. And at the end of the night I was very pleased with how everything went down.

So we exit the club, and start walking around. Well I end up having to go pee. The entrance to the bathroom is locked. So before anyone says goodbye I take off for the movie theater so I can use their bathroom. By the time I get back everyone else left. So Jake and I go to the car and head for home.

It was a lot of fun. I love my friends.









No comments:

Post a Comment