July 15th-17th.
Thursday, July 15th:
My parents left a couple hours before I did because they were pulling the trailer. And I left late, like normal. So when we pulled into Lava, I had to immediately park, we got the kids in their swimsuits in the car, so that we could immediately go down the river with everyone else. Like we made it just in time.
We always enjoy going down the river. Because we had so many people we ended up with two tubes. This year Grandma Arnold and Travis came up.
After we were done going down the river we headed back to camp. I needed to get my tent set up and the car emptied. So I found the kids their clothes and they got dressed in the trailer while Dad and I set up my tent.
After all that we celebrated Sydney's birthday. My parents gave her this fin/goggle diving kit that she had been wanting, and Shayla gave her shoes.
Shayla gave Sydney, Lizzy, and Oaklee these tiger ear headbands, but apparently mom told Shay not to get William one because they were for girls, so of course my kids spent the weekend fighting over them. But they were really cute.
Lizzy and William only went down the river a couple times before they just got to cold, so Sarah took some pictures using my camera while she was up with Kash, and then I took some pictures while I was up with my kiddos. Then mom watched the kiddos while I went back down the river.
Cell phone pics:
Camera pics:
I brought up a homemade chocolate cake that is gluten free (made of quinoa, that i've made before and everyone loves it) for Sydney and Dad's birthday cake.
July 16th:
We woke up and made a really good breakfast. While that was going on the kids painted rocks. They had a lot of fun and got so messy.
Then we got ready to go swimming. Getting ready to go swimming is total chaos. Making the food, packing the food. Packing the towels, and chairs, and tent. Making sure all the kids had whatever was going to be needed for the next 3 hours.
Swimming at the pool:
Sydney got to use her new fins and mask, and because Spencer was on the swim team in high school he took her to the deeper end and was trying to teach her how to swim, and I mean float, because she kept going under and then she would get water in the snorkel.
My family brought water guns so they had a lot of fun squirting each other, and going down the little kids slide.
We of course took a break to eat. Sydney and Shayla and my dad and Travis all went on the water slide a couple times.
And we spent a very short amount of time in the little kiddie pool indoors. But Sydney was bored almost instantly, but I told her she couldn't go in the big pool without an adult.
Sydney had a bad experience and so we headed out of the pool to go call Jake. She talked to him for a few minutes and he helped me calm her down. (I can't remember exactly what happened.)
We got back from the pool just in time for it to start pouring down and even did a little bit of hail. I even had the kids do a race in it for fun, and Sydney came back crying because she got hit by some hail and it hurt. Poor girl. So we hung out in the trailer for a little bit. I had to race to the tent to get clothes for all the kids to change into. William was so bored that he started going outside playing in the rain a little bit. Once the rain stopped we headed to the train track, and put coins on it. We only had to wait five minutes and a train came by. So we were almost immediately able to pick the coins back up.
My dad found this place and we wanted to go since it was our last night. They had closed the track because of the rain, but checked it out and decided it was ok for us to ride. It was little bit pricey, but it was so much fun. I am so glad we went. I wish Jake had been there for it.
Sydney got to drive on the little kid track. And then the adults each took a kid in their car. I think we ended up going 3 different rides, and each time it was two times around the track. We all got covered in mud.
I am sad, because the adults were being loaded into their cars while Sydney was racing on the kid track I missed it. But Sarah said she did so good. Sarah stayed out with Kash for the first time, and then Mom stayed with him while Sarah did the next time.
After the track we went back to the trailer, we washed them all up and got the mud off them and ready for bed. the kids ate again, and we spent some time around the campfire before going to sleep for the night.
Shay's beautiful artwork
Saturday, July 17th
After breakfast, we had to clean everything up. The bottom of my tent was still wet from the crazy rainstorm the previous day. So I just rolled it up so I could let it dry at home. Got all the everythings in the van packed up. Then we headed into town. Mom wanted to get ice cream before we left to celebrate Dad's birthday.
I had to park a good distance away from main street which was packed because it was Saturday. So it took us a few minutes to find where the shop was at. After ice cream we walked past some of those outdoor venders and Mom and Shay tried on some clothes, while the kids had fun running around and trying on sunglasses.
We then headed home, after stopping off to fill up on gas, and of course get a lottery ticket.
It's always good to get home after a trip. That way I don't have to constantly keep track of everything I brought with me.
*UPLOADED LAST TO FIRST*
Shay put a Jedi braid in her hair.




























































































































































































































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment