Shay turned 24 this year. And I don't think we really got together for her birthday. I certainly hope I wished her happy birthday. (What...It was a few months ago and I can't remember :). )
So for my birthday Jake got me a Membership to Thanksgiving Point (mostly because we were having trouble getting to the tulip festival and Jake didn't want me paying for a couple visits then a membership cost). So when my birthday came, I thought he had gone to work. And to be honest for a couple hours I didn't even know it was my birthday. But he came home with cupcakes and an apple corer/peeler that I had been wanting. He is an amazing, thoughtful husband.
For my moms 50th birthday we went to Red Robin for dinner. But the real birthday party was going to come on Saturday (a few days later) in the form of a surprise party Sarah set up. So the dinner, while yes we wanted to celebrate moms birthday, was also supposed to distract her about the surprise party.
So the surprise party:
Jake and I ended up getting there late. My dad had his friends help him get mom out of the house so Sarah could set up. We actually had to pull off to the side of the road, and I was on the phone with Spencer at the time, and we watched mom get out of the car and walk into the house. So I heard the surprise through the phone. We pulled up to the driveway and got out. Walked inside to find all the fun decorations Sarah and Shay had put up. So basically we ate and talked with everyone that was there. Near the end we did cake and presents.
It was fun.
Actually a couple weeks before the party Julie and I and my kiddos had gone to Zurchers to get some of the fun stuff they had there. So we had to tell Sydney to keep it a secret from grandma, which she did. I was proud of her.
Also, apparently the balloons I ordered were not the ones we got. So there was a rainbow dash one from the TV show My Little Pony. Then one that said "18". So the girls were playing with them, and of course they let them go and we watched them fly away.

























































No comments:
Post a Comment