Monday, August 28, 2017

Sydneys Broken Finger

On Friday evening (May 12, 2017), I was watching Skylee one day and her and Sydney were at the park playing, when Sydney comes to tell me she can't find Skylee. so we both go out to look for her and i didn't know that she had her hand in the door frame near the hinges when i shut the door (the front door). So she screamed and before I could open the door and release her finger she pulled it out. Ugh. So it was obviously bleeding, took her inside got a band-aid on it. but she wouldn't stop crying/screaming that it hurt. So I held her for a little while (thank goodness William and Elizabeth were napping at the time). Bindy called me and I told her what happened and she came to look at it. Getting the band-aid off was a huge ordeal. Sydney cried and screamed and every time we touched the band-aid she pulled away. So finally we got it off. Bindy looked at her finger, and now that it wasn't bleeding so much it looked really bad. So we both agreed I needed to take her to the doctor. Well I didn't want to take her and Lizzy and Will to the doctor by myself, so i called Jake up and I met him at the clinic downtown (that way he could ride the train and meet me there). He got there before I did and was able to fill out all the paperwork. Sydney fell asleep in the car, and miraculously the kids didn't touch or play with her finger while in the car. Jake met me at the entrance and took Sydney inside, while I parked and got the kids out. She was already in the pre-check room (whatever you call it) when i got there. They took her back. And amazingly the whole time they were looking at it, she didn't cry or anything. They took an x-ray, and we found out that the very very tippy top of the finger was fractured. Just a tiny little break. So they cleaned the finger, bandaged it, and put a splint on it. And they said to leave the splint on it for 3 weeks. So after 3 weeks I took her to her pediatrician who declared the finger to look really good. She still has a bruise under the nail, but the finger is fully functional.








No comments:

Post a Comment