Sunday, August 27, 2017

Arizona 2017 Spring Trip

April 8-14th, 2017.  I took the kids on an airplane to Arizona to visit Lydia and Scott and Josh. The airplane ride was a little chaotic because William wanted to get down and play so badly. It was a real struggle to keep him in his seat. I had packed a backpack with all sorts of stuff to keep the girls entertained. The girls did great during the flight. They didn't fight and were quiet for the most part. We landed and were some of the last off the plane (we were sitting in the very back so it makes sense). Sydney had to carry Lizzys backpack and hers, While I tried to carry everything else and keep everyone moving forward. We finally saw Lydia, and I felt relief that I would have some help.
We drove to her house and had to set up a blow up mattress for me and just a pad on the floor for William (we shared a room). And the girls shared the queen bed in the other quest room.


The next day was Sunday so we went boating. William didn't like the wind, neither did Lizzy. Lizzy ended up falling asleep in Lydias arms. Sydney had fun playing underneath the front of the boat with Josh. While I on the other hand, enjoyed the scenery. We eventually got out on the other side of lake, and took a walk down this path that lead to the water. The kids started playing. Sydney got freaked out by the boats driving around while she was swimming, but we told her if she stayed close to shore they wouldn't bother us. Lizzy never left Scott's side. But not for lack of trying. William didn't like the cold water at first, but eventually came around and tried to catch up to the "big" kids swimming around. Good thing Nana had a good hold on him.
                          

                    

                    

                      


            


 


          




 






 



 


 






 



 Monday: We stayed home today because Josh had school. We ended up going to park near Scotts work that evening. The kids loved it last year, so we thought we'd go again this year. Lizzy loved climbing up the rope ladders. She was really very good at it. I wondered around trying to keep an eye on everyone, while Lydia stayed with the younger two, and the older two ventured off.






              


          


 
                      

Tuesday: We swam in the pool for a little bit.

      
     
                      



Wednesday:  We swam in the pool today while Josh was at school. Both the kids had got in with me because they had life Jackets. And of course, Sydney was swimming around wonderfully. Then later that night we went for a walk to the playground by Josh's School.










           



















Thursday: Josh stayed home today, and we headed to the Phoenix Children's Museum.
                      

                          

                          


                  


                          

                         


                        

                          




         




         






          










Friday: Today, we woke up and headed for the airport.
Lydia left Josh home, and drove us to the airport. Once inside I bought smoothies and breakfast for me and the kids. We had to go confirm our seat assignments because they changed planes. So I instructed the girls to head for the back row and eat. Well instead Lizzy and William tripped and made messes. So I had to get out of line, and take the kids to the seats. Got back in line, confirmed seating was the same, and headed back to the kids. Where more spills awaited me! :( Well we ate what we wanted and then threw the food away right before boarding the plane. William ended up falling asleep early on in the flight, which was really nice.

             




 Other pictures that i am not sure which day they happened on.

















Its been such a long time since this trip occurred that I lost a lot of the details from my memory :( . I know we had a really good time. And I made it through all the stress and worry of flying by myself with 3 kids. We always love our trips to Nana's house.  William and I shared a room, and I had a blow up mattress and he had a mat on the floor (which was about the same size as the mattress i was on).  Most naps/night times I had to cuddle with him to help him fall asleep and then sneak out. Sometimes I ended up falling asleep with him. And other times in the middle of the night he would crawl up onto the mattress with me and cuddle in. I didn't feel rested that whole week because of all the ups and downs of sleeping with a baby next to you.

The girls were bored during the days while Josh was at school. So Lydia and I had to come up with things to do with them. The tramp got old for me quickly because I was always taking someone off and putting someone else on. And with Sydney jumping Lizzy and William had a hard time staying on the tramp. And the times (in the evenings) when Josh was jumping I was super concerned with the babies on the tramp. They had fun, but it was a little stressful for me to make sure he didn't jump to high or to hard. 

The Arizona Spring evenings are just beautiful and the perfect temperature.  Going in the spring is perfect because it is not too hot outside during the day, so you can actually play outside.

I wish the kids could get to know Scott better (Sydney has a good relationship with him, but she was around him a lot when she was little). It is really hard for the littles to warm up to him, when he is only around a short amount of time. We love our Papa. 

I basically wanted to go shopping for groceries the whole time I was there. And finally the one night I ended up going I spent way more than I wanted, because I went to the store just down the road from Lydia's house-which is on the pricier side because it's kind of out of the way.  













No comments:

Post a Comment