Thursday, June 19th -Saturday, June 21st.
Jake dropped me off at the Home Depot on 2100 S downtown where my parents picked me and the kids up. We headed to Lava Hot Springs, Idaho to do some camping. On the way we had to stop off for gas. And then 15 minutes before we passed over the boarder from Utah to Idaho, my dad got a feeling he needed to check the tires and stopped off at a gas station where he saw that one of the tires shredded and if we had kept on driving would have certainly blown up. So it took about 40 minutes. So William was napping, and we took the girls into the gas station to use that bathroom and get some treats. Mom of course bought each girl a stuffed unicorn. Spoiled little girls. We got back on the road and 3 hours after we left Salt Lake City we pulled into our campground. The campground was nice. It was all grass, with only a gravel road. Two downsides. Right in front of us (maybe 30-40 feet) was the main road with cars traveling at high speeds (and no fence between the campground and the road) and on the other side of the road was a train track that had trains on it multiple times a day. The second downside was right behind us (literally twenty feet from the trailer) was a river that only had high grass blocking it from view. So other than that it was a nice place, no dirt for the kids to cover themselves in. Thank goodness nothing bad happened while we were there. William was so afraid of the train. We could hear the train honking its
horn pretty far away. From the time we heard it, to the time it got to
us was a few minutes. And he would come running and screaming to me
(like literally scared to death) and he wouldn't let go of me or let me
put him down until the train was long gone and you couldn't hear
anything. Mom and I usually couldn't help but giggle at his reaction,
because he did that EVERY SINGLE TIME.
First day: Thursday: we pulled up, and I wanted to go into town and browse but by the time that we got set up, and ate dinner it was much to late. So instead after dinner we just walked down the main road. Taking a walk around Lava Hot Springs at night was kind of interesting. I wasn't in good walking shoes. But my mom was trying to find out where this new hotel was being built for my grandma so we ended up walking a good couple miles (or at least it felt like a few miles). The kids were nice and worn out for bed that night.
Second Day: Friday
Before everyone woke up for the day, Dad had left to head to Pocatello (which was 40 minutes away) because when we got up to came he found out his other tire had a leak. And he wanted to get a replacement tire for the shredded one so he could get his spare off and get the leak patched up and so he had to go into a tire store to do that. So he got back After breakfast. At that point we headed to the pool. Well I stayed behind because William was napping, and a napping William = a happy William. So about an hour later my dad comes back to get me and William. The pool is packed. The spot my mom found was in the sun, so I immediately put sunscreen on all the kids. William is hungry so I fed him and followed him around for 30 minutes before we joined everyone else in the pool. Then we swam. Lizzy still had kept up the skills from when we were in AZ, so as long as she had a life jacket and her arm floaties she could float/swim by herself. We played at the pool for a few hours. And then left. We headed to find that new hotel (this time driving). We found it probably another quarter mile up the road from where we stopped the previous night. My dad wanted to ride the river after that (I was tired, but Sydney really wanted to so I said yes.) I went and bought water socks (shoes?) for Sydney and I (which for being sold in Lava were pretty dang cheap). While doing that I was told if I rented the tube from that store I would get a 10% discount since I was making a purchase. So we did it. We got the quad tube. Mom said no way Lizzy and William could go. Jake was also nervous about the idea. So Dad, Me, Sydney, and Shayla went floating down the river. It was really quite fun. And the water was pretty low so we kept scraping our bums on the rocks on the river bottom. Sydney LOVED it. at the end she kept repeating we have to go the other two times (we were told we could get 3 runs down the river in an hour (which is what we paid for)). After that ride dad and I talked about how it was really actually quite easy and that Lizzy and William would probably really enjoy it and be safe too. So we got them in their life jackets and I took the kids while my dad pulled my mom along. The 4 adults got the corners of the tube, Me then mom, then dad, then shay (going clockwise around the tube) with the 3 kids in the middle. William holding on to my shirt and the tube handle, while behind his back I was hold Lizzys hand and she holding onto my mom and Sydney just in the middle enjoying the ride. Lizzy would duck her head into me each time she thought she would get splashed. When William got splashed he didn't want me to wipe the water out of his eyes because I was blocking his view of the ride. So in other words the kids LOVED it. Mom said no to a second time, but we convinced her. So We went on the river a third time. William kept making this 0 face because it was so awesome. He really did love it. I wish Jake could have been there to enjoy this experience with me. I wish I could have gotten pictures or videos to show him how much they loved it. By the time we got back to the trailer after the day it was like 6 PM and everyone was hungry and ready to eat. The kids played for a little bit.
Above: Everyone after the last tubing run
Below: William watching the train
Third Day: Saturday
We packed up and headed out of town. We had to stop in Brigham City because one of the other tires started shredding too. So we stopped off at a Big O Tires to have them replace it. And while they did that, we got lunch. I told Jake just to get a head start on coming and meeting up with us to pick up me and the kids. We met him at the Costco in Ogden. It was a good thing too. Then dad could head home a different way that wouldn't take as long. And Jake and I did a little shopping. Got me a new purse. And we hit up the rehome store up their and picked up a bunch of fan blades and table legs for mine and Bindys' business. When we got home, everyone was so excited to be able to relax. Also that pic below of William sitting in Jakes lap was all he wanted to do when he saw his dad again.



































































































No comments:
Post a Comment