Thursday, June 13, 2019

Poppy Field Adventure

June 11th (Tuesday) I took the kids to go see the poppy field in Alpine, UT. I discovered it last year, and I look forward to making it a yearly tradition. The area is so beautiful. I don't go for just the poppies. I actually really enjoy "adventuring" as my children call it. And I love adventuring with my children. Seeing them play and discover and imagine. This beautiful world full of God's little creations that bring so much joy to me and my kids.
I wanted to get to the field at 9:30 that way it was still cool outside, but it didn't happen. And I wasn't in a hurry. Everything just went at it's own pace.  Which for me is progress. Usually when I have a plan I procrastinate up until that moment then its rush, rush, rush to get everything ready and everyone out the door. So I was super proud of myself. We brought Ukulele and Amber with us. And we stopped off at Walmart to pick up some snacks (because my kids are constantly hungry) and I figured, a little mini picnic in the flowers would be fun. So 45 Minutes after our trip to the store we got to the church where we parked the car.
We started out on our little hike. Like 7 minutes into Lizzy wanted me to carry her, she said she was tired. But I didn't carry her. I told her I had been waiting for this age where we could go places and the kids could walk. I know it was really hot and bright outside. And I brought a lot of ice cold water. So I made sure the kids drank a lot. I had the dogs take a drink before we left. And they didn't get another drink until we stopped off at the little stream on our way back to the car. We took a different route getting to the flowers than we did going back.
The kids kept picking all the little wildflowers and I kept telling them that they shouldn't do that because people come to see these flowers and if they pick them all then there won't be anything left for others to see and enjoy. But I made them promise they wouldn't pick one of the poppies. And William accidentally broke one off, but they were really good with them. And I was impressed especially since there were a lot of them and they were really big. I took some pictures. And I just kind of sat back and watched the kids as they moved around and explored. We were there for a couple hours. It was about a 30 minute walk (we had lots of breaks for the kids) and then we were there for an hour and half, before our 30 minute walk back to the car. I let all the kids splash in the stream at the end of our trip that way everyone could cool off.
Overall, I am super glad we went. Even though it was hot and bright, and my photos didn't have the best lighting, I love going places and exploring with the kids. Can't wait for next time.

















































































































below:
Sydney took this picture. She was very proud of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment