Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Sydneys 8th Birthday Party and Nana's visit.


On Sunday the 14th, we celebrated Her bday. Sydney made and decorated her cake as is our tradition (obviously with a little help from me in measuring ingredients and helping out with the oven part). I gave her a couple ideas and limited the amount of sprinkles put on but left the rest up to her. We even had our neighbors, Stephanie and Chris and Hayden and Nora come over since they couldn't be there for her party that following Saturday. Sadly the house was pretty messy (we, the kids and I, had just gotten back from a trip to Lava Hot Springs, ID) but we dealt with it. I made Sydney a special bday breakfast and dinner. And Jake and I gave Sydney only one present, since her other gift was the bday party we were throwing on her behalf. That gift was a camera. A nice camera. A DSLR. And we gave her my 18-55 mm kit lens and a case too. She really likes it. And because it was Sunday, we just lounged around the house and I helped Sydney play Minecraft for an hour or so. She loved that. She has really gotten into Minecraft recently. That makes me happy, because I like playing Minecraft too (and so does Jake ;) )


























below: William looking at baby Nora


below: the group shot I wanted of our family on this day of celebration for Syd.





A few days before her birthday (July 18th to be exact) we invited Bindy, Skylee, (and Tarans kids) Shay, and Brennan to the pool to swim in a pre-bday party. We even went out for ice cream afterwards.
And earlier that day she went swimming her my co-sunbeam teachers kids (Lindsay) Bentley and I had Lizzy in the car (she wasn't initially going to swim) but while I was dropping Sydney off, Lindsay nicely invited her in and even let her borrow one of Ellie's swimsuits. So Sydney and Lizzy swam while William napped.

While at the pool with Bindy and the kids everyone had fun. Sydney perfected her jumping into water skill (later which she would show off to her father at her bday party). The only annoying thing was that the older kids wanted to go jump around in the deeper water and Lizzy and William wanted to stay in the shallow more kid friendly area. So I had to split up with Bindy for a while to keep an eye on the older kids. And then later we picked a spot between both pools (which meant we were breaking the 5 feet away from a child under five rule) so that we could see all the kids and chat.That went well for about ten minutes til the older kids got bored and they all moved around.

below: Left to right: Skylee, Shay, Lizzy, Sydney, Brennan, William






























below: Bently and Sydney at Lindsays house



We planned Sydney's Birthday Party for Saturday 20th, 2019. She wanted a swimming party. So we rented the pavilion at the Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center outdoor pool. I invited her whole school class at the end of May, but only Paityn was able to come. And then Jason and Tami and Savannah, Alex, Issac and Brayden were an hour late. But I am glad they came. Lydia flew up for her birthday party, so Sydney was happy Nana was their. And since I got in the pool and Lydia stayed out she took some pictures for me.
I was really sad on Sydney's behalf that there weren't a lot of kids there to celebrate her 8th birthday. But I was grateful that her friends were willing to celebrate with her before hand. And throughout the day I tried to remind her of that.

She didn't seem to mind that there weren't that many kids there. She was so obsessed with diving under the water. That was all she wanted to do. I was super proud of her new skill. And the fact that she wanted to share it with everyone.

The night before Sydney's party, Lydia read the kids a story and then the Jake, Lydia and I decorated the cupcakes that I had been making earlier that day. We had made homemade buttercream frosting, that kept getting "soft, almost like it was melting" and so we would have to put the frosting in the fridge for a little bit to help stiffen it up so we could continue to decorate. I picked those colors of frosting because I was trying to do a "mermaid" themed bday and had found these cupcakes on Pinterest decorated like that.

We made a very special cupcake for Sydney. The cupcake had a mountain of frosting.  But she loved it.

After our two hours were up with the pavilion, Lydia was done with the heat and took the remaining cupcakes and other things back with her (Jake drove of course so we could have a way to get back home). Jake told me when he got back that the frosting on the cupcakes melted, and then Lydia tripped and so we lost some of the cupcakes too.  We ended up moving our stuff and swimming for another hour before we all left.

It turned out to be a really fun birthday.




















The day of the party.
























below: I'm helping Brayden and Lizzy into the pool


below: Paityns mom, Emily, was there at the party as well. Shayla is in the big goggles right behind Emily, carrying William.


below: Shayla, William, Sydney, Savannah, Paityn, Lizzy Brayden, Emily, Alyssa


below: Sydney jumping into the pool, and Alyssa and Emily are watching with Shayla and William and Savannah and Brayden in the water around us


below: Alyssa with Brayden, Lizzy, Savannah and William


below: Alyssa and Emily are in the center of the picture with Sydney and Paityn swimming, Alyssa holding Lizzy, Savannah holding Brayden, and Shayla swimming with William.


below: Alyssa with Lizzy, talking to Shayla, and William swimming


below: Alyssa holding William, in the background Shayla with Lizzy, Savannah, and Emily and Paityn


below: Shayla and Lizzy


below: Sydney and Paityn


below: William jumping in


below: Alyssa holding Sydney talking to her, William floating next to Alyssa, With Shayla underwater, and Paityn and Emily in the background.


below: William jumping in


below: Jake throwing William in


below: Alyssa "rescuing" William from under the water.


below: Alyssa is watching Jake who has lizzy, William, Sydney, Savannah, Paityn, Shayla and Emily are all in the surrounding water.


below: Alyssa watching William and Sydney, Jake has Lizzy, Savannah and Paityn are with Sydney and Shayla and Emily in the surrounding water.


below: Jake and William




below: Jake launching Sydney.


below: Shayla with Lizzy and William


below: Alyssa with William, Jake with Lizzy, and Shayla nearby


below: Jake and Lizzy


below: Sydney and Paityn, Jake with Lizzy, and Alyssa and Emily talking


below: Emily and Paityn













I went looking for Tami and Jason and their kids, because it had been awhile since I'd seen them. And I found them near the diving boards. So I asked Savannah, Alex, and Issac to jump off one more time so I could watch.
So this is Savannah jumping.





This is Issac Jumping.


This is Alex jumping.


My parents finally joined us in the water as well. It felt like it took them forever to change into their suits.










I went to check on Lizzy, because she was done swimming long before everyone else.






below: Sydney and her cupcake

 








below: Singing happy birthday.




below: Sydney went to eat her birthday cupcake and Jake pushed her face into her cupcake. She thought that was so funny.











below: all the kids at the party. From left to right, front to back: Brayden, Lizzy, Paityn, Sydney, William, Issac, Alex, Savannah


below: Paityns gift to Sydney: a set of fake nails and skittles






below: Tami's gift to Sydney was a gift bag full of money







below: My parents gift to Sydney was an outfit a rice crispy kit












Lydias Cellphone pics:









The next day, which was a Sunday, Lydia took Sydney to go get a pedicure and took her to the store to pick out a toy. The baby doll she picked out was eaten by Ukulele within a couple days. She really loved getting her toes done up. I'm glad she had special one on one time with Nana. Lydia also picked out a stuffy for William and Lizzy.











On Monday We took Lydia to the airport. But before it was time to drop her off we Went to a splash pad and then out to eat at Chick-Fil-A. The kids had a lot of fun at the splash pad. It was a great way to cool off and pass time on a hot day.
As you'll see in the photos, the kids had a lot of fun running through the water. It was actually a very cute little splash pad in Orem, about 15 minutes from the airport.






















































No comments:

Post a Comment