Saturday, December 19th.
The kids had a sleepover for two nights before the party. So when we got here they were already decorating gingerbread men.
these are the sugar cookies the kids decorated for the party
here i am cooking the fried rice while Jake is taking pictures for me.
I will admit I was in a panic. I am grateful my sister works for an orthodontist as a dental assistant. The inside of Sydney's lip got stuck in her braces. She was screaming so hard. And I couldn't figure out how to get her lip out of the braces and Jake was holding her...so I am grateful Sarah stepped in and removed it in like 5 seconds. Poor baby. She was in pain for the rest of the night.
My mom gave all the kids fleece blankets for Christmas.
My kids have these magnetic blocks they can build with. And they are kind of expensive. So when my mom was asking what to get the kids for Christmas I asked if she would be willing to get these for my kiddos. So she ended up giving each of the kids (except for Kash) a set of magnetic building blocks.
oh ya, William wrapped ribbon around his hand so tight he was cutting off his blood supply. He screamed in pain when they touched the scissors to his skin to cut the ribbon. Poor baby.
These are the next set of gifts from my parents to the kids. Oaklee got a dress up set, that includes crowns and gloves. Kash got a red car thing that he can sit in and there are buttons he can push to make noise. William got a big orange construction crane. He was so excited. Sydney got a DIY Slime Kit. She was happy about that. She loves making "science" experiments and this falls into that category for her. Lizzy got a draw and doodle kit. When you open it up there is an easel in the middle with either side of the case covered in crayons and markers and even paint. She loved that sooo much.
I love their matching facial expressions!!!
Adult gifts. Jake got a tool belt from ? (I can't remember. I am writing this long time after the actual event. No matter what the posting date says.). We gave Spencer a gift card so he could use it for gas. Shayla got a gift card to her favorite online store.
We gave Oaklee a princess dress and Kash a box of cute boy clothes I found (some were even on sale).
Because Sydneys gift wasn't a toy she would use right now. Ok she could have, but because of the chaos I try to avoid letting the kids open their gifts at my moms house. So I volunteered Sydney to help mom remove the gifts from the tree and hand them out.
My mom gave me and my sisters cutting boards, and everyone these fuzzy socks. She also gave everyone a pull chop kitchen gadget. She gave the guys a pliers kit.
Jake and I gave Shay a gluten free cookbook.
Shayla got a new fly fishing pole.
Sarah and Bradys gift from my parents was a new sink.
Mom gave Spencer a new book.
Mom gave Brady a gift card to go some camping/hunting store.
Mom gave Jake a gift card so he could buy tools or wood. He was happy about that.
I didn't know until Jake told me. But apparently he researched camera cases for my mom. So my parents gave me a new camera case!
Shayla also got a new float tube.
Mom gave everyone these little cook stoves and a bottle of propane for emergency use.
It was nice that mom already had the kids because Jake and I were bringing up the new grill for my parents. My siblings all pitched in for it. It was the floor model which is why it is all put together. Which was a minus when we were buying it. I ended up having to hold onto it while we were driving home from Home Depot so that it didn't accidentally role into the kids. Speaking of kids, we had to put the middle seats down in the van and all the kids had to sit on the back seat. We had to put cardboard up against the windows just in case a corner hit the window while driving-that way they didn't shatter. Anyway, back to the Christmas party. So because we didn't have the kids we were able to just fill the car with all the stuff we needed to bring up to my parents without any worries. Mom was super happy about the new grill.
Dad gave mom a new rug.
Spencer gave everyone these emergency kits you can keep in the car. They have a knife, flint and steel, and can even piece together into a small shovel.
Spencer gave mom this artwork that was like 3-5 separate pieces (can't remember). She loved it. He told her to frame each individual piece and then put them up and it would show the whole story. He also gave her a picture that he had someone draw of him and Andrew.
Dad got a new watch.
Mom had Jake do some research on a new soundbar for Dad. So they set it up while we were there.
Moms gifts. Can't remember who gave them to her but it wasn't me or Spencer.
Pretty sure dad gave her the bag and coat.
We had homemade fried rice for dinner. Along with Orange Chicken and other things. The reason I mention this is because I made the fried rice. Cooked the rice the previous day and laid it out to dry and cool. then at my moms house we got out their electric frying pan and fried up the eggs, rice, frozen peas and carrots, and the sauce. I think it ended up being really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment