Sept 25th: *uploaded last to first*
we headed to the airport in Provo and got there around 9:30 am. Our flight was scheduled to leave just shortly after 11 AM. Well we got stopped before TSA because they were cleaning. Then when we finally got through I got stopped because I forgot that in my sewing kit I had a multi-tool and so the TSA lady was kind enough to go out and wait for Jake in the foyer (thank goodness it's a tiny airport) so he could take it and it wouldn't get thrown away. After all that, I found a spot for our bags and then went to the bathroom. When I got back to the kids I had each of them go to the bathroom, but at that point there was a line so we had to wait a little bit. And by the time we had all finished using the bathroom they were already boarding the plane. It went by really quickly. So we got onto our spots at the back of the airplane. Me, Lizzy, and William in one row and Sydney in the other. The flight was nice and quick.
Scott picked us up from the airport. They lived about an 1 and 20 minutes from the airport so it was a little bit of a drive. We got back to the house and got settled in. The kids were glad for a chance to run around and stretch their legs.
Later that afternoon we headed to the park that we always go to. They kids love it, but they might have outgrown it a little because they moved from one part of the park to another really quickly. After playing for a while (and losing sight of William a couple times because that kid just runs and does what he wants) and the kids ending up playing with other kids on the spinning wheel we headed out. We stopped off at Walmart for some grocery's, and I promised the kids could buy one toy to play with while we were there. So each kid picked one toy, and then I got some playdough and playdough toys, pretend animals, and some slime sand and then we got some groceries. Filled the truck with grocery bags. Scott always wonders why I need to get so much stuff, and it's cause i know how much the kids will eat, but also not ever sure what they will want in that moment. So I over buy.
We got back to the house and the kids played with their new toys for a little bit, before we got ready for bed. Then Nana read the kids a story.
camera photos:
Start of our visit: Josh and William chasing each other^^
cell phone pics:
Josh and the kids got in a pillow fight
playing with our new toys
on our way home from Walmart
So the kids hadn't gotten to meet Lydia's new sheepdogs Riley and Darcy before. Well William, my animal loving, rough with dogs kid, was scared of Riley. She chased him, and had that bark that Banjo did. Loud and rough sounding.
So I thought that was a little funny.
snuggling
wearing nana's glasses
Our brand new luggage. Our old luggage we had to throw away (which was the luggage Grandma Harvey gave me for my high school graduation present in 2007) because it was falling apart. So we spent several hundred dollars on new pieces of luggage.
Lizzy was tired after our flight ^^
Start to our trip ^^^, our flight.
Sept 26th: *uploaded first to last, like normal*
So the kids went into Lydia's house this morning, while I slept later. When I got in the kids were playing with there toys and slime sand. So after the kids got dressed and played for a while, while I got dressed.
The plan for today is to go to the OdySea Aquarium. We left around lunch time. It took about an hour to get there. Scott dropped us off at the front cause it was raining and he went to park the truck. While we were waiting for him to come the kids got to explore a little bit. They had they fascinating statues. A big caterpillar and a giant gorilla (made from all kinds of metal pieces). After Scott caught up with us we headed to buy tickets, and it was a little strange, took us a minute to figure out where to buy the tickets. While Lydia was buying the tickets, William found a giant tire and had to explore it for a few moments.
Once we got into the foyer, because you buy your tickets at an outside booth, and then show them to the ticket people inside the foyer, they had these beautiful hanging glass balls filled with fish. We then all took the turn to use the bathroom, and these bathrooms are made with a viewing window to the shark aquarium. It was crazy to be washing our hands and see a shark.
We went around the Aquarium looking at different exhibits. They had this open sting ray tank that we got to look into. As well as a touch take to touch different animals. Actually they had two different touch tanks. One was for a fish and one was for sting rays. Lizzy ended up getting hurt, so we found a cafeteria area and we were able to get some ice for her to put on her leg. We got to sit on this cool "ride." It was kind of like in the movie Jurassic Park, where they are sitting and the seats move in a circle to show different exhibits. That's what we got to do. We were seated and got to see 3 different exhibits. After we were done with that we headed out and exhibited through the gift shop, where of course we got a couple items.
After we got back to the house the kids played, and while they did that, I took each kid out one at a time and did a photoshoot with them. Sydney and I had a lot of fun finding locations as we wandered through the Arizona Deseret. William didn't want to do it all so we were quick about it. And Lizzy and I headed the opposite direction I took Sydney and William so we had different scenery in her pictures.
cell phone:
Sept 27th:
After I woke up and went inside, I got the kids ready for the day. Then we started on homework.
We were headed to the lake today. So after we got all ready and packed up we headed to Saguaro Lake.
We stopped off at a gas station to fill the truck and boat up, and while there I got some snacks for the kids. It turned out to be the best idea I had probably had on the whole trip so far. Lesson learned: Do Not Ever go on an adventure without snacks for the kids.
The boat broke down almost immediately, so we headed to shore and while Scott tinkered with the boat, the kids used their snack chips that I bought at the gas station to feed the ducks. We had a lot of fun with that.
William was able to chase after the ducks and while they were a little skidish, because he had food they also didn't mind it. Like at one point he had to of had over 15 ducks surrounding him. I was a little worried they would attack him for more food when he ran out of chips.
Lizzy and Sydney had fun finding sea shells to collect. And Sydney definitely is my little mermaid. She loves to swim.
After we got back, the kids just played with their toys. We ate dinner. And then headed to bed about 10 ish.
Sept 28th:
It was a pretty laid back morning. Ate breakfast, let the kids play.
At about 1 PM we headed out to pick up lunch and go eat it at the park. We were probably only at the park for about 45 minutes before Sydney and Lizzy were totally bored and complaining to leave.
I let the kids take turns taking pictures on my camera and some of their shots were pretty good.
After the park, we stopped by the store, and I got some flowers, vases, and gift cards, and stuff to make a birthday dinner for her.
When we got home, I had the kids make their own bouquets for Lydia, and write on the inside of a birthday cards for her. After the kids gave her the gifts, she took them on the four wheeler to the mail box, and I spent some time creatively photographing her flowers.
When they got back from picking up the mail, I took a turn driving the four wheeler with the kids. As time goes by I am getting more comfortable riding/driving on the four wheeler. I can even go pretty fast.
After dinner the kids had a great time chasing Josh around the house. We then headed outside to sit around the fire pit and cook up s'mores.
Cellphone pics:
Sept 29th:
After breakfast, which the kids ate while I slept in, we painted finger nails. I was kind of frustrated doing so because the girls wouldn't hold their fingers still and kept getting fingernail polish on their hands and some on the counter top. It didn't even last more than two hours before they had picked it all off anyway.
Dana (who has been living with Lydia), brought out her bird and the kids got to hold it. They loved it. William was so sad because he didn't get a second turn because the bird kept flying back to Dana.
After lunch, Lydia took us on a tour of her neighborhood while driving on the four wheelers. The scenery was so beautiful, and only a couple miles from her home was a national forest area. There were a ton of Saguaro cactus'. The kids had a lot of fun riding on the four wheelers. When we got back one of the four wheelers broke and so we had to push it up off the road.
Josh wanted pictures taken of him jumping his bike, so I did that while William chased him each time.
We then came inside and Josh showed William some of the stuff Scott was working on in in the garage. Lizzy and William both got to sit on the broken dirt bike.
Before Scott got home, the kids wrote in his birthday cards. Then we gave them to him when he got home. We did a family group picture. And then Scott took each of the kids on a four wheeler trip with him and they loved it. On Sydney's turn William started chasing the four wheeler, so it was very entertaining to watch Scott maneuver around him while still keeping him interested in the chase. Scott and I had a pretty good laugh about it all.
Josh was playing with fire after Lydia and Scott went inside (and I took pictures of it all) before I tattle-told and Lydia came out to yell at Josh and make sure the fire was put out.
Camera pics:
These pictures were taken on my Canon Powershot, so they are out of order time wise. I let Sydney and Lizzy take pictures with it while Lydia and I were driving the four wheelers. So if there are some pictures that aren't straight or look blurry, it's cause they were taken while we were in motion.
This log we were standing in front of actually had a huge colony of ants all over it, so we just stood in front of it instead of sitting on it like was the original plan.
Lizzy specifically took this picture, because she was sitting behind me and Sydney was in front of me.
Josh showing off some skills. ;)
Sept 30th:
We left for the airport at like 4:30 AM. Our flight was due to leave at 6:50 AM. I had packed our luggage in the back of the truck the night before. That way all we had to do was wake up and get in the truck. Somehow we were running later than I wanted, So I was rushing to get through TSA after Scott dropped us off. (Side note: Somehow I lost the kids birth certificates from the time we went through TSA to the time we got home and were unloading everything. I had stored them in my camera bag, since I knew I wasn't going to get into it before we got home, that way they didn't get lost. Well that plan didn't work out at all.) Anyway, I thought I had time to get us food, because we hadn't eaten anything. And right after I ordered food they called for our flight to start boarding. Luckly I was able to talk to the gate attendant and she waited for us to get our food before closing it down. We were the last to board.
Jake picked us up an hour and a half later. I was so glad to be home. As much fun as we have in Arizona, it's nice to get home afterwards.


















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment