Friday, October 1, 2021

September 2021

Here are random moments from September.

The girls made this lego house together. I was so proud and happy they worked together on it, because they have been fighting a lot.


Child labor at it's finest. Having him trim up my Thyme plant.


Got a new nephew. Mack Poulson.


My mom and grandma took the kids school shopping, and I dragged Lydia along. It's been awesome having her in the same area as us. Lizzy really struggled, because my mom and grandma prefer getting outfits and my girls wanted a shirt and pants that didn't match. So we had a fight on our hands. But we finally got it all settled, purchased, out the door, to home, and de-tagged and washed. Whew.





While we were out shopping, Jake and Scott were back at our house working on the car. 


Look at my beautiful yard!

The kids making breakfast.


This dog!

I was de-cluttering my bookshelves and our games and this ended up being our DI donation pile. Rocket thought it was so comfy.



Jake teaching Sydney how to do a summersult. It was really funny to watch.




So happy with her new jammies.

First Day of School!!!!


Photographing Shayla at the mud run. Had her take a picture of me holding all their bags, and eating my pretzel.

I told Sydney while it was warm outside she had to ride her bike to safety patrol in the mornings (she alternated weeks so it wasn't every day). So here my baby is on her way for her first day of safety patrol. Ain't she a cute holding that stop sign.


The school had their back to school carnival. So I set up a table for the PTA and Jake brought our tent from home to shade it from the sun. It actually turned out really nice. I had a place to sit, in the shade, while no other parents did. And then the kids could run around and then always know where to find me.







Aren't they cute. Falling asleep in identical positions.

Well I had a dramatic month. I was taking the kids to school one morning, and I was walking to the car, stepped off the porch just fine with my left foot and rolled my right one. I dropped like a sack of potatoes. (Our Ring doorbell camera caught the whole event, and so we were able to show people, and everyone cringed when they watched me drop.) William and Lizzy were in the van, and William immediately jumped out asking if I was ok. About ten seconds later Lizzy was out of the car and asking if she needed to go get Jake. So she did and he found me curled up and holding my ankle. I had the thought cross my mind that it wasn't broken because it wasn't as painful as my broken ankle that I had before. So I actually told Jake to get the two kiddos to school, and just had him to leave me where I was on the grass while he did. Which, yes, was kind of weird. Then he got me inside the house, for only forty minutes later to go back out to the car. We were going to instacare. But we got their and found out they didn't open for forty minutes. So we went to Einstein Bagels for breakfast and then back to instacare. Where we found out I only had a really bad sprain, no break. They gave me an ankle brace, and told me walk from the clinic. I didn't got to work that first day, but I did the next. Jake made me a walking stick to help me get around. With in the week I was able to mostly get around without any help. But I tired really quickly. (As a side note, we had bought me new shoes the night before, and I didn't get to wear them for almost 3 weeks.) At this time Jake had been going to physical therapy for his lock jaw issues, and he told his physical therapist about it, and that lead to me going to physical therapy for my ankle (about 6 weeks after it initially happened).  ( While in physical therapy, I went from my ankle to working on my knee. They told me that my ankle was always going to be weak until I made my knee stronger, and my knee is really week, and my knee will remain week til I strengthen my hip. So I have a ton of work to do.)




Since Jake and I got Sydney a new bike (although she didn't know it at this time we were shopping, but found out when we got home) we decided to dress up Lizzy and William's bikes.








Movie night with Dad's homemade popcorn.

The kids took our old Easter candy and plastic eggs and made a mess everywhere. The wrappers were everywhere, and the plastic eggs got smashed.




Lost her last tooth. So Jake and I got to reveal all the secrets about imaginary holiday people.


Taking turns drawing.

My little baker.

Her sad face is the best.


Well, we picked our corn too late, and so it was all dried up. So the kids had fun with it.

Well, I got hurt again. I was playing at Recess with one of the 4th grade boys. We were throwing it back and forth and while trying to catch it, it jammed my finger. So I had a bruised finger for weeks. It hurt for a month. And Jake brought back a ball from his physical therapist with exercises to do to help it heal better. At this point Lydia was telling me I needed to be wrapped in bubble wrap.


She traced and painted Uki's dog bone toy. It turned out very good. I'm proud of her and her increasing talent.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment