Saturday, May 25, 2019

Gravity Dance Recital for both Sydney and Lizzy, Heathers Bridal Shower, Mom and Julies Birthday Party

May 18th. Was a full and busy day.

It started off with Sydneys dance performance. I  asked Bindy if she would do the girls hair and make-up because she's good with those kinds of things.  She ended up using part of a sock to roll the girls hair up into a bun (which was cool to see), and then she did smokey eye make-up on each of them. They looked so grown up with that hair-do and make-up. I was gonna put her outfit on her once we got there, but I thought we were out of time (running late) and so I dressed her before we left. 
There was a list of like 30 dances and she was number 21. The performance started at 10 am. So I estimated that she wouldn't perform until like 10:30 am. We ended up getting there at like 10:20 am. I was so worried we were late, and that we would miss her performance. The parking lot was packed. Jake had to go park at I-hop across the street from the high school (this was on 5400 s and state st). So I was worried he would miss it. I didn't know where to drop Sydney off at (they didn't really explain that one and since this was my first performance I wasn't aware of what to do). So while waiting for Jake to get there, my mom calls and says they got stuck in the canyon and weren't sure they would make it in time. Well my parents, Sarah, Jake and the kids all got there like ten dance numbers (at least) before her performance. She didn't dance until 11:10 am.  I loved watching her perform. She did so well. I am so proud of all she learned these past few months.  (in pictures I took, she is in the back row, third in on the left hand side).

Afterwards, it took me a few minutes, but I found the way to the backstage area where everyone was waiting and prepping. So we got her, took some pictures with family, and then raced home.

We had 15 minutes to get home, and 30 minutes to get Lizzy ready, and 15 minutes to get back to the school for Lizzy's performance. She was 4th in line at the 1pm session. I wish I had thought about it, and I could have just brought all the stuff to the school and got Lizzy dressed there and saved time and not stress about it. But I didn't. So we got home, got Lizzy ready, and changed Sydney and then headed back to the school. Lizzy performed at 1:15 pm. She did so good. She was the tallest girl in her class. (In pictures she is on the far right.) I am so proud of how much she learned and the confidence she gained in dance the last few months.

Jake and I gave the girls each a bouquet of flowers.

I am so appreciative to Bindy. She came over to my house early in the morning did Sydneys hair and makeup, helped to keep me calm. Came and watched the kids dance. Picked up Coffee for Jake and I (He was pissing me off, being grumpy, and stressed out) cause I asked her if she would. She then drove back to my house to help with Lizzy and then drove back to the school to watch Lizzy's performance. She is a huge support to me. I love her.

My parents and Sisters ended up getting to watch both performances. I am so glad that I have such a supportive family.
We called Lydia on the messenger app, but we couldn't figure out the camera settings, so she missed Sydney's performance. I sent her the video I took the previous day at the rehearsal. With Lizzy's performance we called her a little before it began, and so I was able to get it set up, and then I sent my phone with Sydney close to the stage so that Lydia could watch Lizzy dance. While I took pictures from my perch in the very back of the auditorium. I love that even from a distance the kids feel loved and supported by Nana.

After all of this, Jake told me if the girls go into dance again, it won't be with this company. He wanted a company that focused more on learning to control your body and learning dancing techniques then a company whose sole focus is on learning a dance so you can perform it.

And my dear husband, how he supports all the craziness that gets thrown his way in this life. He may not be happy with all the stress that happens around the craziness, but I am so grateful that he supports our kids, and shows them that he does.























 below: Lizzy was leaving the backstage prep area and one of her friends from class was leaving too, and she wanted to share her flowers with the little girl. That was just the sweetest thing.


















 After the Dance performance, we went home, changed, ate, and then Jake dropped the girls and I off at Heather's Bridal Shower.  It was at her Aunts home in Riverton. I initially brought William in to get him some food, but then I took him back to Jake (who was waiting in the car) and let him eat his snacks. Jake Drove home and William fell asleep in the car. The girls and I had fun at the shower. They had a some food the girls and I would eat, but as usual, my hubby is pretty smart. We were all hungry from not really having time to eat around the performances so we stopped and got food on the way to the shower.  I helped Sarah get her game ready. And then we played Sarahs game. It was pretty simple and fun. We had to think of wedding themed words for each letter in the alphabet, but if someone else had the same word as you, you didn't get the point for that word. I didn't have to do any decorations for Heathers shower. My mom and sisters went shopping for Heathers gift from us in between dance performances and they got a laundry basket full of all kinds of cleaners and household products.


























Directly after the shower we headed to Grandmas house for a surprise birthday party for Julies 50th birthday. So as the party was ending I had Jake come and pick us up. And we drove to Grandmas house. Somehow (when it comes to surprise birthday partys we are always just a moment to late. We were just a moment to late to my moms 50th party and now to Julies we were just a moment to late to be there when everyone yells "Surprise".) we were pulling into the neighborhood right as Julie was. No one parked near grandmas house so that Julie wouldn't know they were there. So we ended up having to hide and watch as Julie walked into Grandmas house. Afterwards though we got prime parking spot because it didn't matter where we parked. The house was decorated nicely. They say Julie was completely surprised when she walked in. So yay! We got Julie for her birthday, who previously said there was no way we could surprise her.
We had dinner, and cake, and sang happy birthday to my Mom and Julie (whose birthday was the next week).
So Happy birthday to my beautiful, smart, helpful, amazing mother. Who does so much for me and my kids. I love you mom.



















below: in the next two pictures you have to look closely. When Shay and the kids were taking the pictures on the front porch, we turned around to find that Heather and Scott were in Grandmas doorway making silly faces. So because of the reflections in the window you have a hard time seeing them, but if you can make them out you can see they are laughing. 



Below: Sarah left Oaklee with my mom because she had a wedding to go to. She thought she could take Oaklee but found out shortly before she was leaving that it was a very upscale wedding and no kids were allowed. So Oaklee stayed with us at the party. I took her on a walk around grandmas block to calm her down, and she even let Jake hold her for a little bit. Eventually Jake and I left, and Mom and Shay came over to my house with Oaklee an hour later, before going to meet up with Sarah.





























below: Issac was having fun jumping over these chairs, so I decided to get in on the action and snap a couple pics.












No comments:

Post a Comment