Thursday, May 23, 2019

Sydney and the Birds and the Bees

May 11th, 2019:

I knew this was coming. I had several friends on Facebook/Instagram that were talking about it. So I had bought a couple books. And was preparing to have "the talk....i e the sex talk" with Sydney.

What brought this about was that Sydney walked in on Jake and I one day and at that moment I decided it was time.

Ralphie from @simplyonpurpose talked about how reading this book til you wouldn't laugh was important because this is a serious topic, and just because adults are shy about talking about it doesn't diminish that. So Jake and I brought out the book, and had Sydney do all the reading. But we would expound on certain parts. And Jake told me afterwards that he was proud of me, because I was able to hold in my giggles and smiles, and have my "serious mom voice" while talking about it.

We let Lizzy and William come out at the end for the baby inside the uterus pictures and stories. It basically talked about how the baby grows each month inside moms tummy.

But inside this book are an actual picture of a naked man and women in their late 40's. Pretty realistic for a cartoon drawing. And the book goes through each part of both male and female anatomy.

At the end we asked Sydney if she had any questions, and to this day she still hasn't had any. But I know we need to review the info and add an additional topic in there.

I was going to make the day we talked about it a special day, we were gonna go out for dinner and make it a day all about her. But because of the circumstances it didn't happen that way.





No comments:

Post a Comment