At the Airport: May 3rd, 2019:
She got in pretty late, but we still met her at the airport when she got in.
My husband is so awesome. He road Trax (city train) to the airport so that I didn't have to go all the way into the city to pick him up. Which means he got there later than I did, but I didn't want to miss her getting in. So I got to the airport but was trying to find some info on her flight, when Blair and Crista came up and said Hi. I apparently passed them but didn't even recognize them while trying to keep the kiddos from destroying the airport terminal. So we beat everyone there. Luckly my parents got there before Shay landed, but they were worried the would be late.
I had bought poster-board while Sydney was at school, so before we left to go to the airport I had the kids make signs for Shay. She was so excited to see everyone. Had lots of hugs to give out to friends from Costa Rica who came home on the same plane as her. The kids got bored watching her hug everyone so we headed to the luggage carousal to help Jake and my Dad get her luggage.
At moms house, Celebrating her return and her birthday. May 5, 2019:
We drove up to moms house, Jake and I had made homemade scone dough for Shay that was gluten free. We were also in charge of bringing scone dough for everyone else, because mom was doing scones and toppings for dinner. So Jake and I stayed inside and made all the scones for everyone. But before everyone arrived, we also started making a gluten free birthday cake for Shay made out of cooked quinoa. I had to finish putting it altogether at my moms, and had to bring my food processor up to mix the quinoa and everything else together. And since mine is fairly cheap, it is really loud. And my dad couldn't take the noise, so he kicked me and the processor out to the garage where the noise could be contained. It actually turned out pretty tasty. I even went around with a slice and made the whole family taste a piece.
below: here is a picture of her on May 6th, holding the cake I made for her. What you can't see that the back half of the cake is all gone.

No comments:
Post a Comment