Sydney started 2nd grade at Jim Bridger Elementary School on August 19th, 2019. Her teacher is Mrs Schieb.
We both got up at 7 am. We were both dressed, she had eaten, and had her hair done by 7:30 am. We were doing good. We ended up leaving at 8:05 am, and were almost late. We ran to get in line. It took us a minute to figure out which line she was supposed to be in. And at 8:10 am my sweet Sydney walked into the school to start her first day of the new year.
And I can't believe how big she is. How much she knows and is learning all the time.
I picked her up on the same corner I did last year, and got there 3 minutes late. And the look on her face broke my heart. She was a little sad/scared/nervous, because silly me, I forgot to tell her the plan for picking her up, so instead of reconfirming and easing her fears for the first day of school I added to them. So I had to apologize for that.
She said her favorite thing that day was her friends and her new teacher because she was so nice.
She was also super excited about her first day of school outfit.
For about two weeks before this day we were prepping. Go through and pulling out the clothes that didn't fit anymore, we went to kid to kid (which is a 2nd hand store) and got a bunch of new clothing, and finally a new pair of shoes. We searched high and low for a pair of shoes that would be durable and yet easy for her to put on by herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment