Thursday, August 15, 2019

Fire and Ice Celebration at Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center

August 10th, 2019

Sydney was at a friends birthday party, so I took Lizzy on a mommy-daughter date to the Fire and Ice celebration that I found out about the day before at KQPFC.

They had little kids mini golf, this bead thing in a tube craft for kids, they had blow up slides, they had a dance floor that Lizzy and I danced on for a little awhile, while listening to a live band. They had a dress up area that we dressed up and got our picture taken at (of course I never did figure out how to get that picture from them). And she even ran in the water for a little bit. They had like 3 food trucks that you could buy food from, so we had a little bit of food cause she was hungry, and surprisingly after begging her to try it, she did. I was so proud of her. She was scared to try this blow up slide that was really steep, but she did it!

Later that night they had fire works. So after I picked up Syd and it got dark I asked if we could walk to the park. We took Uki with us. The walk their felt short but the walk back home felt sooo long. Probably because the kids were all tired and so Jake and I had to carry them all. ... Anyway, we got there early to pick a spot. Well it turns out we were like an hour early. And we didn't bring any water. So the kids were running around the field. I was chasing them. We were having fun. Uki was being a stinker, and escaped out of his leash twice. But then it got dark and the fire works started. The kids were really enjoying them. Uki, not so much. In fact, he was terrified. So terrified that we used my hat to cover his eyes and I was trying to cover his ears to block out the sound some what, and Jake had to hold him down so he wouldn't run away. 

Then we walked home. I am pretty sure Jake carried William and had Uki with his leash. And I had Sydney on my shoulders for a little while, and carried Lizzy. I was pretty sore when we got home. I did make the girls get off and walk when we got to the light at 6200 s and we had to cross the street.

Overall, it was a good day. I loved having a mommy-daughter day with Lizzy.


























 

No comments:

Post a Comment