I volunteered in Sydney's kindergarten classroom last year. I didn't start until March. I became really good friends with her teacher Miss Schmidt. So this year I was determined to start volunteering at the beginning of the year. I didn't really start until October, and I have averaged 1 time a month since then. The problem is mom can't babysit unless it's on a Thursday and this year her Thursdays have been packed and Sarah moved to far away so I haven't asked her. So I am hoping as spring comes, and we come into the final stretch of the school year I will be able to go in more often.
Anyway, since the first day I volunteered this year, Sydney's teacher, Miss Shaw asked me if I wanted to watch or help her. I said help her. So usually for the first hour of each of my visits is spent in the copy room making copies for her.
So far I haven't really liked Miss Shaw. I really loved Miss Schmidt and we had a good working relationship and with Miss Shaw it doesn't feel like that at all. So I have really missed being in Miss Schmidt's class. I've talked to her a few times this year, and I was hoping I would be able to volunteer in her class to, but it just hasn't happened. So I can't wait til Lizzy is in her class and I can go in there again. I have a feeling that when William is in kindergarten with her that I might be in her classroom all the time.
ANYWAY... Sydney loves having me come to class. She gets really giddy. And sometimes it is hard to have her focus. But going into her classroom allows me to see how she is during the day (behavior wise). Because of this it has allowed me to work with her teacher on some of the behavioral issues she has (like not paying attention, not sitting still, and other things in regards to her ADHD).
No comments:
Post a Comment