About 6 months ago I Spencer told me that Wicked was coming to Salt Lake City and that they were preselling tickets and since he was a member he could get us tickets right now. So I ordered 3 tickets. One for me, one for Sydney, and one for Jake.
Spencer gave them to me, and I mostly forgot about them for five months.
Well on January 30th it was time to pull them out and use them. I met up with my parents at the Home Depot on 2100 south so they could get Lizzy and William (we did it this way so that I didn't have to wait for them to drive out to my house (which would make me late)).
Then Sydney and I drove into downtown and picked up Jake. We parked at City Creek mall, and found out since the mall would close while we at the play and that we would have to walk through the open court area and down into the parking garage. After parking we went into the City Creek food court and got Philly Cheese-steaks. Sydney and I shared one.
We then made our way to the theater which was just a block away. We walked in and headed straight into the theater and found our seats. We were on the right side of the theater (facing the stage) and only 5 rows up. We actually had pretty good seats. We got seated about 20 minutes before the play started so we had to wait a little bit. While we waited I showed Sydney the pit. The pit is where all the musicians are playing there instruments. And Jake then told Sydney about his time in theater and the pit.
THE SHOW WAS AMAZING. Sydney and I loved it. We both loved the music.
Sydney ended up sitting on my lap for the first act because she couldn't see over the peoples heads in her way. And the second act we switched seats, and sat in hers and she stayed in mine (the theater had seat boosters so she was tall enough to see over the crowd.)
The actors and actresses were pretty good. It was as good as I remembered it being. I saw it once in the summer of 2007 when my family traveled to Chicago.
Sydney was obsessed with this giant dragon head they had as a stage prop. She was a little sad it didn't do anything more than light it's eyes up red.
Jake was totally bored. He was a good sport. But musicals (or at least this one where almost every line is sung and not spoken) is not his thing.
There was intermission at 9:30 PM, and the play ended at about 10:15 PM. So we didn't get home til almost 11 PM.
My parents left shortly after we got home, after we chatted for a bit.
Sydney had a bedtime snack (like basically the whole show she kept telling me she was hungry) and Jake gave her a meletonin and we all went to bed at midnight-ish.









No comments:
Post a Comment