Thursday, February 28, 2019

William turned 3!

My dearest William,

Oh my goodness you can be a challenge. And I know I don't always react the best way. You can push me past my limits by miles and miles. You do whatever you want when you are in the mode. Throwing toys. Hitting the dogs or your sisters. Getting into the pantry. Spilling food. I mean you are the master of chaos in our house.
You come out of your bedroom and with in a few minutes you can have our house looking like a tornado tore through it.
But through all of this daddy and I love. I love that you can invent new ways of creating chaos (ok not like love love, but I love that you are being creative and thinking).

You are such a fast runner, and you do love to run. From one end of an isle in the store and back, or to the end of the sidewalk and back, or the end of the hallway and back. You are always running.

You love to help me cook, bake, clean (ok sometimes-when its stuff that is really hard to have you help me with).

You LOVE cars and trains. You are really into trains right now. And no one is allowed to touch or play with your cars or trains.

You refuse to wear any shirt that doesn't have a car or train on it. And getting on your pants requires a game/ingenuity every time because you run away and fight me to get them on.

I really need to start potty training you. Lately (within the last month) you have started wanting to use the public restrooms every-time we pass by one. You ask to go potty sometimes at home, but when I ask if you want to use the potty it's always no. And changing your diapers has become such a hassle. I have to hold you down and push/pull your legs in all sorts of directions to get you to let me wipe your butt.

You love to sit on my chair with me. And by that I mean not in my lap (I mean yes you love to sit in my lap), but lately you have been climbing up the back of my chair and sitting with your back against mine while were sitting in the chair. Or you sit in my lap with your head on my shoulder watching the movie while I work from my computer.

You really getting into the present opening. Watching you open presents on your birthday was so funny. You just rip the wrapping paper off, and if the present is something that excites you, then you play with that gift until Daddy or I convince you to open up another one. But if the gift is clothes or something then you immediately go on to the next present.

You love to wrestle with Lizzy. And by wrestle I mean sit on or drag to the ground and hold her down. She hates it. And every time I end up having to drag you off of her. But I think in a few years I'll sign you up for a wrestling camp.

You love to play games.

You love to color with your sisters.

You love to have time by yourself in your room to play with your cars and trucks and trains.


I love you buddy. And while you run away. And don't listen half the time.
I love watching you grow and learn and try new things.

Your vocabulary skills are improving by leaps and bounds. It took (still takes sometimes) guessing at what you are saying based on the situation or what I know, but now others (than Just Daddy and I) can understand you. Although you still love to communicate non-verbally, especially when you are tired. You just sit there and point and then cry when I can't figure it out. 

Love,
  Mom

Stats:

 

















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment