Friday, February 1, 2019

Sledding with Family before Shay left for Costa Rica

Saturday, January 26th: So I wanted to go sledding one more time before the season ended, but also wanted to go with Shayla since she was leaving for Costa Rica for 4 months. So I planned a sledding day. We ended up going to the Mountain Dell golf course up Parleys Canyon. The hill was steep but the kids LOVED it. 
Especially Sydney. She went down, the walked all that way back up the hill and would go right back down. William went down once with my dad, but had a hard time walking up the big hill. Lizzy went down the hill a couple times, but she got really tired after a short amount of time from walking up the hill. 
So Jake went over a little ways from where we were because there was a little hill. And he slid down the hill with William a couple times. Then one time he put Him, Lizzy, and William on different sleds and then as they started to go down let go of the ropes. William went to the right, Jake went down the center, and Lizzy ended up veering pretty far left, and went down the big hill by herself. So Jake picked up his sled and ran to the hill, and sled down after her. I was laughing so hard, because that was totally unexpected. He said she did fine, and they walked back up the hill to me once Jake caught up to her.  
Mom didn't go down at all she just watched, because she was getting over a cold. Dad went down with each of my kids. Shay had a blast going down the hill. And I only went down once, at the very end of our day, Jake and Sydney wanted me to go with them. Earlier this winter we had bought Jake regular snow boots (in case it snowed and he needed them to shovel the driveway. We thought this way  because last year it only snowed once or twice and never more than a couple inches. I was so sad last year because it would snow one day, and the snow would be almost all the way melted the next. So we didn't expect the amount of snow we got this year. anyway...) and only bought me a pair of Ugg boots to keep my feet warm if I needed them. So they got wet really quickly, and they had no grip on the bottom, so I was sliding all over the snow. Also we didn't buy any snowpants this year, so as we dug into our snow gear we found out Lizzy and William had snowpants, but Sydney didn't. So we had her put on a couple pairs of pajama pants under her jeans to help keep her warm. I also brought her a change of clothes for afterwards.
About half way through our sledding, mom ended up taking a tired Lizzy and William to her suburban where she had brought some hot chocolate and muffins. So Jake and Sydney and Dad and I and Shay sledded for about 30 more minutes before joining them. I had the task of making sure I got all the kids gear as they stripped down (like their boots, coats, gloves, hats, socks, and sleds). 
I am really glad we went. The kids had fun. And it was good memories. 


























































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment