Monday, October 21, 2019

Pumpkin Picking and Pumpkin Carving

Our annual pumpkin patch picking didn't happen. We got pumpkins from Walmart and carved them up.






Sunday, October 13th: I had decided to get the pumpkins today, and there were no farms open. So we headed to Walmart. I was a little sad we weren't going to the farm, but we had spent so much money and I was trying to save us from way over spending. So we went to Walmart and picked our pumpkins.













Later that evening after dinner we sat down to carve our pumpkins. The kids all helped clean out their pumpkins. They are all really disgusted with the pumpkin guts. It is so funny to watch them. However as they have gotten older the girls dig in a little bit more. But William refused to touch the guts. And then Jake carved a face onto Williams, I drew and carved out 3 cat faces on Lizzys, and Sydney drew her own face (with suggestions from Jake and I about how to go about it) and even partially cut out her own pumpkin. She was really nervous, but Jake and I assured it would be fine, and that daddy was there to help her if she needed it.

We put the pumpkins on the porch, and William immensely enjoyed dumping the pumpkin guts into my front garden area.  

After the kids were done, and I had gotten them into bed, Jake and I started on our pumpkins. He did a face and I did 3 bats and a moon. We also saved some of the pumpkin seeds to bake, because Sydney really enjoys them. 















William really liked it when I would get the guts out of his pumpkin for him and then put them on his spoon so he could put them in the bowl.







































No comments:

Post a Comment