Thursday, October 17, 2019

Sarah came up, went to dinner, and Pumpkin Lights

Saturday, October 12th, Sarah called me early in the morning like 8:30 AM, to see if I wanted to do something with her since Brady was out of town. We discussed several ideas, but the one we ended up going with was going to Pumpkin Lights, downtown at the Utah State Fair Park. We didn't even end up getting together until like 5 pm when my parents were done working at the temple and drove into town wanting to get a bite to eat with us. They ended up picking Chuck-O-Rama near the Fashion Place mall in Murray. We ended up waiting close to an hour to get a table. And then we ended up splitting. The adults in one booth and the kids in another.
I didn't end up really eating much, and neither did my kids. They really can waste so much food when they want to. Its ridiculous. So the kids ate a few bites of this and few bites of that, but they didn't each much, which surprised me. Especially Sydney, who is usually my best eater.

After Chuck-O-Rama, and my kiddos were done and bored, I went and washed them up and then left. I walked into the mall and we found this place with cars. But I had left my purse with Jake in the restaurant, so I had no cash. So the kids just moved from vehicle to vehicle pretending as they went a long. We were there for about 30 minutes before Sarah came along with Oaklee. And then Jake came and then my parents came. Apparently no one knew where I or the kids had gone. Even though I told them when I left. Oh well.  We played in the mall for probably another 30 minutes, with my mom giving in and giving each of the kids a ride in something. (Thanks to my wonderful mother, who is such a great grandma to my kids. Loves them, and of course spoils them).

Sarah wanted to go shopping for a little bit, apparently Oaklee didn't have any long sleeve shirts (which is odd, because Jake and I have been giving her all of our girls hand me downs, and I know we had long sleeves in there. because her and Lizzy have the same season birthday. Fall.) Anyway, it was getting close to our time to go to Pumpkin Lights and we still had to drive. The kids while in the clothing store kept running around and pulling things off the shelves, to which my wonderful husband would chase them and put everything back.

My parents didn't come with us because they had work to do at home and still had an hour drie.

We ended up missing our exit and having to turn around so Sarah beat us to the Fair Park. I had Jake park on a side street like I do when the state fair is happening, and We walked into the parking lot so we didn't have to pay to park. Because it was so dark, I was a little unsure if a side gate would be open at all and Jake and I started arguing, but all ended well because at that moment a car came out and showed us where the open side gate was.

We got into the parking lot, only to have Sarah call and say she was already in line. But because Jake and I had purchased the tickets she had to wait for us to get in. So we booked it across the parking lot. And made it with a couple minutes to spare. Literally, just long enough to pull up the email so they could scan the QR code. Sigh of relief. We were in. And it was quite a bit different than I had imagined it from the pictures they showed on their website.

Jake was annoyed for what little they had compared to the cost of the tickets. So I can't say he really enjoyed it. And I had a good time, except I kept apologizing to Jake for it. The kids loved it. As we walked the path we would go through different themed areas. They had a "Coco" movie theme, they had a pirate theme, they had an under the sea theme. It was actually really cute for kids. All the pumpkins were fake. The did hand carve onto the fake pumpkins, but Jake made a point to point out that real pumpkins would rot and are to heavy to hand on all the strings above our heads. At the very end they had a couple of blow up slides, but Lizzy was so tired she was almost asleep in the wagon, and William was tired, so only Sydney went on the blow up slide. I told her she could only go once since it was close to 9:30 PM, but she ended up taking Oaklee down the slide a second time. And on our way to the exit we stopped and watched a fire show (where people had sticks with fire on the end and they were throwing the flamed sticks around).

And the kids all feel asleep in the car on the way home.  And somehow my kids miraculously stayed asleep was we took them out of the car and put them in bed. 



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment